Term Dates for 2005 - those who are interested. (1 Viewer)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
Just thought id post these up for those who are interested

Feb 14-18 O-week
Feb 21- Mar 24 1st term (classes end at 1pm on thursday 24th)
Mar 25- Apr 17 Holidays
Apr 18- Jun 24 2nd Term (anzac public holiday 25th april)
Jun 25- Jul 24 Holidays
Jul 25- Sep 9 3rd Term
Sep 10- Oct 3 Holidays
Oct 4- Nov 25 4th Term
Nov 26 Summer holidays

These dates can be found at http://www.csu.edu.au/acad_sec/principal.html
under Principal dates for 2005

bex

HSC
thanks brad
timetable info is also available from my.csu..ive only got 2 days of uni this semester! well thats if i get the tutes i want!

anna_chronism

losing my mind
HSC
How many days of classes do you normally get? How long do they go for? Sorry - I have no idea about any of this stuff.

bex

HSC
nah its cool! um first year comms do 12 or 13 contact hours per week which means that you will spend that in tutes or lectures. classes are generally one or two hours long depending on what the lecturer sets.

there is a lecture for each subject in which the entire group come together and are...well.. basically lectured at!.. then you also have a tutorial or workshop for each subject in which a small number of you come together in a classroom and discuss the things learnt in the lecture. the tutor sets homework ('tute prep') and assignments which could be individual written assignments or individual or group presentations.

the days the classes are on depends on your schedule but they are pretty flexible and there are very few classes on fridays!! (awesome considering thursday nite is bar nite!) they usually are sceduled in one or two hour blocks starting at 9am and ending at 8pm. there are some 8am classes but comms dont usually get these. this year (3rd yr comm radio) i have 2 solid days of classes, leaving 3 for me to work on assignments and projects or maybe get a job or something like that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)