Tennis!! (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
haha philipoussis (dunno how to spell either thats my guess)

fav player for me!!!!! so exciting to watch :D

nothign beter than watching 200+ km/h serves ^^

hk31

HSC
yea great...more lleyton and suck up channel 7 commentators......."woohoo"!!!

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Actually Sampras excelled in his serve and only his serve. Once that didn't work (for a couple of years late in his career besides at the US where it worked one last time), he was gone. Just look at his performances at Roland Garros - he didn't win it because the serve couldn't win him matches because it was a much slower surface.

exactly..

the only area he struggled was slicing backhand which is the most effective game in a clay surface

serve and volley is not a clay's game..

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
I love the scud too! and now he is 'apparently' with delta and she is like my favourite too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happiness!!!!!!!

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
omg stef! On sunday i went to the cricket and after the game we were standing next to michael clarkes mum and he was talking to her!!!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
How does everyone fancy Hewitt's chances this year? Personally I'm not the biggest fan, but the Aussie in me urges me to support him when he plays anyway. After watching him get wasted at every Grand Slam last year (except maybe US), as well as seeing Ferrero, Federer and Roddick each rising to a new level, and finally Safin returning to form, I think Hewitt's days as No.1 may already be over

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i wouldn't say his chances are over, i just think roger federer will be really hard to beat atm

Marrickville

Originally posted by RiCe_GrOwEr
how do you hit a drop volley when the return of serve is right at your feet?
errr....thats sorta hard to explain online mate, but i'll try.

when you mean "drop volley" do u mean, recieving the ball at your feet, or do u mean producing a drop volley with his return at your feet?

if its the latter one,

using your service grip - continental or modified backhand grip- whilst maintaining balance, you have to give it a bit of a chip, or scoop motion, which eliminates the spin off the ball, but still allowing it to go over the net.

This shot is very hard to play, even the top players are not very likely to hit one, it takes alot of touch and guts to produce a shot knowing that you a sitting duck if you mishit it in any way.

give it practice....hope i helped.

jayz

walking
yo marrickville, wat is the technically correct way to hit a single handed backhand (r u suppose to hit over the ball? or starting from a lower position and hitting the ball up?), and does jumping necessarily give u more pwr in ur ground strokes?

Marrickville

well Jayz, starting off, we need to know the correct grip, do you know what grip is used mainly in the single-handed backhand?

if you don't, i'll explain how to hold it correctly, picture this, you are holding the racquet by its handle, and you turn you hand so that the index knuckle is aligned to the top of the grip, do you see how the grip is like a hexagon shaped sorta thing? well it should be aligned to the very top of the grip, thats called a classic backhand grip.

that grip is used mainly in conventional singlebackhands.
when you strike the ball, hit the ball with a down to up motion, but you need to hit through the ball, dont push it, hit through it,
once you get the feeling, it'll be easier for you.

best of luck!

^___^
HSC
hmm..

its really hard to explain this stuff online

besides, it also depends if u want to hit a massive top spin or a placement slice backhand...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)