Template for a proposal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
You have learnt well... extension 2 english is the art of bullshitting.
LOL he hasn't even started the course yet (I think he's in Year 12 now), and he's already lying his way through Ext2.
i only just figured out my idea a few days ago so i really have no idea what im doing.....
actually no...
I didn't start lying until I was half-way through my reflection statement :D :p

edit
Palindromic post! 3773

Last edited:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
urm, whatever you do, dont bullshit. The teachers arent THAT stoopid. Anyway, 1000 words isnt that much, you can write something that doesnt have any bullshit in it. But then, i s'pose it depends on what you mean by bullshit.

Just do what your teacher told you to do, and dont bullshit in it. Make it clear but sophisticated, mature and intelligent sounding. Trust me, you wont regret it. Anyways, it'll take you just as long either way. :D

D

Desperado

but i dont even have a plot line :(
just themes!!!!
lol and i'm a she

freaking out here!
but thanks for the proposal structure it will really help

D

Desperado

I think i've spent the majority of this course so far staring in a terrified manner at a blank sheet of paper, unable to find an idea that i'm satisfied with and fendinding off questions from friends about what it is that i have actually been DOING in ext 2
now at least i have an idea
but i have until friday to develop it :eek:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
my advice to you (your doing a short story, right?):

Think of the characters. Make a complete profile. Inlcude description, habits, mental profile, psychological profile, relationship with other characters, how characters would fit into themes you have, etc. Just make a profile. It'll help heaps.

Another thing, go for a 30 minute jog. When your dead tired it might get your mind OFF being terrified and on to the topic at hand. :D

BTW, "lol and i'm a she" <------- what does that mean?

D

Desperado

LOL he hasn't even started the course yet (I think he's in Year 12 now), and he's already lying his way through Ext2.

"lol and i'm a she" <------- what does that mean?

Thanks heaps
yeah i was heaps excited about this course and i still am
but im also very scared of either self exposure through it
or self discovery through it...... i dont think i want to know WHAT i am:p

It should b right though over the last half hour ive come up with some new stuff

thanx heaps though those ideas r gonna b really helpful.
:)

Huy

HSC
N/A
mweep: It means that Desperado is a woman :p

I thought it was a he, from the nickname.

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by mweep
urm, whatever you do, dont bullshit.
I dunno about that one...I think there was enough bullshit around from the '03 crowd to fertilise a small nation:)

Honestly, there is stuff that the teachers want (and need) to hear, especially when it comes to the reflection statement. Even if, like me, one of the best things that came out of your major work was an adventure in teacher-endorsed petty crime (ah, the memories), you still have to pretend you 'deepened the knowledge you gained through your study of some really crappy advanced modules and hey, there's some ext1 buzzwords in there so it can tie in with that as well!'

Say it with me kids: "the formation of creative and convincing bullshit is at least as educational as the truth...and good bullshit brings in the marks!"

Here endeth the "defence of bullshit in the realm of ext2":p

D

Desperado

Is there anyone out there I can send a semi finished copy of my proposal to for advice or criticism or whatever?
I'm not sure if its all that good......

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by mweep
urm, whatever you do, dont bullshit. The teachers arent THAT stoopid. Anyway, 1000 words isnt that much, you can write something that doesnt have any bullshit in it. But then, i s'pose it depends on what you mean by bullshit.

Just do what your teacher told you to do, and dont bullshit in it. Make it clear but sophisticated, mature and intelligent sounding. Trust me, you wont regret it. Anyways, it'll take you just as long either way. :D
Wait and see if bullshit is the key when we get our marks in a few weeks...

Sophisticated... intelligent... mature sounding.... all of that equals bullshit! Through the reflection statement and internal assessments you bullshit to make your work sound better than it is!!! Sure worked for my internal assessments!!!!

Saul

*ss
HSC
yeah, bullshit is the way to go... it's what is expected in this course

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
500 words??? Holy moly!

I gave my teacher a copy of my proposal so he could tell me if it was ok, and he said it was excellent. Then I gave it to my other teacher who told me it sucked (at least not in those words), so I spent forever trying to fix it up. I'm doing a critical analysis, and supposedly my proposal was not detailed enough. How can write stuff in my proposal if I still have NO IDEA what I'm writing in my critique? DUH!

Anyway, I ended up completely changing my proposal...our word limit is 1,500 and my other teacher told me I had to add in so much more, so now it's 2,000. TOO BAD I say! She told me I had to add in heaps more stuff, so it's not my fault I went over the word limit. Plus I opened up the margins, so I don't think she'll notice.

Hoping...

Hoping...

Colz

Mine is also around 750 - 800 words weighted 10% of internal assessment mark (5% of overall mark?), and is to follow the following structure:

1 Statement of intention (form, title, vision of final product) - 50 words

2 Rationale (Audience - dont forget the intended audience, purpose, inspiration, reasons for the final choice) - 150 words

3 Preliminary Investigation (Experience, knowledge, skills, research) - 200 words

4 Envisaged process (conceptualising each stage of development, planning, etc...) - 200 words

5 Resource list

6 critical factors for success - 100 words

w i l l s

'make it some quote that is relevant to writing or the writing process.' - Ms 12

hey ... what do mean by 'relevent to writing or the writing process'? can my quote be specific to my concept?

btw ... thx 4 the template ^-^

kim_iz_yippin

HSC
The only reason I came on here today was to ask you all about how to write my major work proposal - but I can see that someone's already thought of that! Thanks for the advice :)

olay

HSC
whoo guys i'm freaking out here. i have a hectic week with only a few hrs [i'm thinking... 4? 5?] to squeeze in for my proposal and its 600 word limit [10%]. does anyones allow for diagrams etc, and does it get included in the word limit???? THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE EVERYONE :D *freaks out again.* good luck guys :D cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)