telstra problem ( i think...) (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
Every now and again, (first started on the night beofre the EE1 exam,) I (and braindrainedash) can't access the BOS forums and get the message that this page cannot be displayed. Seeing ash can't access it either makes me think that its a telstra broadband thing... so yeah just warning you to see if you can do anything about it

Winston

HSC
Yes it's a telstra broadband issue not updating quick enough to resolve this you should switch to viewing off Telstra's proxy server

Go to Tools> Internet Options

Under the Connections tab click on LAN Settings

Check the box Use a proxy server for your LAN... and click on Advanced...

In the HTTP: text box paste this proxy address in

sydney.cache.telstra.net

and for the port put in 3128

then apply settings, i.e. click OK and OK and OK

then close your browser and re-open it , should work then. But i advise you do to this only when you recieve the Page Cannot Be Found error message.

Huy

HSC
N/A
If you're using Telstra Broadband, I suggest that you use Telstra's own DNS (domain name server). You can change your TCP/IP settings via Control Panel, Network Connections.

Find your network device, right click the device and select properties.

From the device properties, locate Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click properties.

Once inside your device's TCP/IP properties, you will be required to assign Primary and Secondary DNS servers addresses.

For Telstra customers:

Primary DNS: 139.134.5.51
Secondary DNS: 139.134.2.190

Then click OK twice (different windows).

If this makes no sense, or you don't know what's going on (or it has already been configured) - then disregard this post. :)

s2ophie

HSC
Ok thanks Huy. i haven't done that yet but i did do the winston thing. question is, do i ever have to change it back or can i leave it?

Huy

HSC
N/A
You can leave it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)