Telstra Broadband (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Which is better the cable or the ADSL if i can get both. For the price of $59.95 a month i can get cable unlimited download (64kps after 10 gigs) or adsl unlimited download (64kps after 10 gigs) for the same price. It mentions that cable has uncapped upstream but adsl to set to 512kps upstream i think( not sure what this means...think it refers to speed). So what do you guys think. By the looks of it, cable is a better option

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i have cable its fantastic however installation is expensive plus its not as reliable as ADSL.

however cable is still the better option overall :)

equiski

HSC
The un-capped upstream bandwidth would be awesome for online gaming.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
cable, since it is a billion times faster than 512 adsl.

installation is a bitch though

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
from comparing my adsl against my mates cable the download speeds, speed during gaming are almost identical however he has much more downtime (could just be his area).

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I'd say go with Cable and the unlimited plan, that's what I've got currently.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i'd go with cable unless you can't install it in your area. Places outside of major city centres are less likely to be able to support it. Its also a hassle if you live somewhere like in an apartment

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
128kbs upstream for cable, im on it now and it rocks except for the slow uploads

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
smegthehead said:
i'd go with cable unless you can't install it in your area. Places outside of major city centres are less likely to be able to support it. Its also a hassle if you live somewhere like in an apartment
Yeah, older apartments don't have any infrastructure to support cable, although a lot of newer ones have it available for use.

Jeo

Cable is very unreliable. I'll be getting either SDSL and/or ADSL for a backup line.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Telstra's ADSL has been having problems in the last couple of months because of service problems and updates etc, and people have been without internet for entire days. I'd go the cable. That's what I've got and we've never had problems with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)