Telling the Truth - Frontline etc (1 Viewer)

sdpy

Is anyone else doing Telling the Truth, and if so, would you be able to help me out?
I haven't been good with finding my supplementary texts for telling the truth and now I'm in a bit of a sticky situation!! Everyone else seems to be fine and finding all sorts of articles, cartoons, etc etc to analyse! But I just look through the papers and think, "I can't use any of this!!"
Does anyone have any advice as to some good places to start or some good texts to use?
thanks !

Fi

The net...look for 'political cartoons' dealing with the tampa crisis. The film "the hurricane" u can use the song by Bob Dylan too.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
umumum...films like Wag the Dog, the Dish and the Castle?

I used newspaper articles...radio and tv transcripts are also really good for a variety of different texts.

sdpy

thanks!

Thanks to both of you!!
Actually Weisy, I've been trying to get a radio transcript for a couple of weeks now - it was on the ABC (an interview) , I heard it and thought, well, that's fantastic, BUT i have to go to school...! So i emailed them and requested a transcript but they unfortunately haven't emailed me back. Bastards ;)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
wag the dog is a good one, but i found shorter article type things easier coz you have less to deal with and you can delve further... i cant remember what i used for that elective...

ill get back to you on that and find out what some of my friends used to give you an idea

1 more

fructis
HSC
The most useful of my supplemantary texts for this module were an artwork my Jenny Holzer called Truisms, and the Cheryl Kernot and Gareth Evans issue. I recently saw a movie called "s1m0ne" on the plane, and i thought this could be rather good too.
And imho, Wag the Dog should become a prescribed text, because it seems as though everyone in the entire state uses it!

Btw, all 702 ABC Sydney's program transcripts and audio tapes are available from Media Monitors on (02) 9310 3155.

Last edited:
N

ND

Originally posted by 1 more
I recently saw a movie called "s1m0ne" on the plane, and i thought this could be rather good too.
I saw that on a flight too, i think it's one of the worst movies i've ever seen, i don't know how they got Pacino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)