• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Telling someone you Love them? (1 Viewer)

AnataDaiteyo

HSC
i sort of had a different situation here...

they told one of my best friends they loved me.
never told me.
but then broke up with me.

i always loved them.
but never told them.
still do.

sometimes i wonder if it would have turned out differently had i told them...

but no point dwelling on the past.

all i can say is, cliche i know, but if u love someone, tell them.
thats my mistake...

hello_world

HSC
Well i managed to stop myself from getting into this situation. I said "do you love me?" so i didnt have to deal with saying it first and not getting one back ;)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
don't mistake this for love:
people who don't actually love you but LOVE the attention you give them because you DO love them.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
1) they're either not ready to say it just yet, or they simply dont like you like that

2) depending on how long you've been together or how long/much you've known eachother, it can mean a few things:
a) i like you in a crush sort of way ] usually said after being together after only a little while (the stuff you say
b) i like you and think its love (ie. lust) ] when you're young and dont know what 'love' or a good relationship is yet)
c) i love things about you (inbetween lust and love)
d) i love you (the feeling usually develops and strengthens over time) - a person generally doesnt feel true love until they've been with the person for a long time (imo), or unless they've been in a long-standing relationship and they find someone who makes them feel the same way as they did before (hopefully not straight after they leave that other person)

yamoonda

HSC
i think ppl dont express there love enough. i love all my friends and family and i tell them that all the time. even though its not a romantic love or a lust like u would have for a partner it is still love. ppl r afraid of telling ppl that they love them because they r scared about what the person will think of them. If more ppl express their feelings openly than we wouldnt find oursleves in the stituation.

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
Northern Elias said:
Okey, but for simplicity, let's say they did hear me.

And thing is i view love as simple caring someone to confide in, someone to share with, someone to have fun with.

But my Gf inteprets love as perpetual commitment and thats probably something I couldn't even promise. So how do you know if they think on the same playing field as you?

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't 'love' my girlfriend, but I do 'care' for her. As a result, I try not to say "I love you," unless she's in a state where she needs to feel loved, because... well, I don't want to lie to her.

I know she sees love as a life-long commitment, and I also share that definition of intimate love. So I don't say it. Some might think that is cruel, but I'd rather be honest than preach lies. She knows where I stand and she's comfortable with that.

thematfactor

HSC
I had this gf once who kept telling me she loved me and we hadn't even been together long which created some awkwardness from me, I think people value love in different ways, I think it's a pretty strong word. But then there's also different kinds and levels of love I think, you can love someone, a gf/parter, whatever and not be IN love with them.

The last girl I went out with i was pretty careful as to not drop the word till after a while when it was pretty strong and when i did i think it was well recieved, before that I used to say things to her that we had between each other which were kinda like puppylovey things but not love cos I doubt either of us would've liked to step in too deep without being certain.

I think people just have different ideas and values for it.

lol and if they don't say it back just try play it down like "I'm not in love with you, but I love you" or "you're great like I love you" or something.

kimmi06

HSC
lol I'd been with this guy for only 3 WEEKS when he told me he loved me, we were in the middle of having sex and there was this lo-o-o-o-ng uncomfortable silence. So then he goes "Now would be the time to say it back...?"
LOL needless to say, that was the end of that chapter. sigh.

blu biu

HSC
saying is one thing ..

doing is another ..

I say dont worry too much ... but yea its probably because they didnt hear you, they're frustated/angry about something .. or they assume you know it anyway...

i think saying it is something quite special. .. :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
kimmi06 said:
lol I'd been with this guy for only 3 WEEKS when he told me he loved me, we were in the middle of having sex and there was this lo-o-o-o-ng uncomfortable silence. So then he goes "Now would be the time to say it back...?"
LOL needless to say, that was the end of that chapter. sigh.
hahhahahahahahahaha
if i were you
i wouldn't believe he meant what he said
maybe he just gets turned on and excited hearing "i love you"

rbzoid

HSC
Northern Elias said:
If you tell your respective partner that you love them yet they don't say it back what does it mean?

And more so if someone sez they love you what would you intrepret the meaning to be?
1. Well, obviously... They dont love you. Accept it buddy!

2. Blatently they want you in the sack, or they want your wallet. *winks*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)