Tell Us About Your Phone. (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I was bored, and thought I'd make this for those who are looking for a quick, brief overview about certain phones people have and if they should buy it etc,etc,etc.

My phone: Samsung Omnia
Rate: 8/10
Complicated but has reasonable good specs. Windows mobile is hard for the average sized finger.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nokia 6300 or something
9/10
the best. needs a bigger camera, 3g and better browser but other than that

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Nokia 6300 (same as above)

Pos - Good phone, makes calls, large colour screen, blue lights on the side flash every 5 secs when you've got a message/missed a call etc.

Neg - Back panel scratches easily (similar to old school ipod), when you're on 0% power, even with the power plugged in, you can't turn the phone on until the battery reaches 5%.

Cost - full price $180-200 from vodafone/optus etc. Online price - around $150 (Aus sites)

rating - 9/10

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
LG KS360 "WebSlider", Red.

Would be a fantastic phone if it wasn't for MASSIVE quality control issues.

Sure, there are good ones out there, but when you get a bad one, you'll know about it. I've owned mine for around 5 months, and had it physically in my hand for no more than two weeks.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...-technologies/212779/lg-ks360-death-trap.html

It WAS a great phone, for about a week or two, then it started to turn off, and on (really odd thing for a phone to turn itself on for no reason) and would freeze and turn off instantly during text messaging.
-------------------------
It came back to me last week, and I discovered that there was a rattling sound in the casing of the phone itself. It seemed that there was a small screw or small object loose inside the phone.

That's just bad workmanship!
And guess what? It randomly dialed my girlfriend at 11 am on a Wednesday...
I have submitted this phone six... SIX... (6)... Times now. Most of the serious faults have been fixed, but since then it came back with a part loose inside the casing and texting problems where it would randomly jump back and up characters and add blank lines.

Since I received it back, I have sent it away again twice for the EXACT SAME texting problem as mentioned above. Twice I have stood in-store, tested the phone and twice I have submitted it straight away.

This is just wrong!
Read the posted thread for a thorough introduction to the KS360.

I'm sure you'll love it *twitches*.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
LG KS360 "WebSlider", Red.

Would be a fantastic phone if it wasn't for MASSIVE quality control issues.

Sure, there are good ones out there, but when you get a bad one, you'll know about it. I've owned mine for around 5 months, and had it physically in my hand for no more than two weeks.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...-technologies/212779/lg-ks360-death-trap.html

Read the posted thread for a thorough introduction to the KS360.

I'm sure you'll love it *twitches*.
I was going to get that phone because of the QWERTY board.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Sony Ericsson K800i
9/10
pos - fucking awesome camera, i can take pics of lecture notes (handwritten or from my laptop screen) and all the writing will be easily legible due to 3.2 megapixels.
- java games
- gmail app
neg - dunno, battery maybe? need to charge every 2-3 days, BUT its been used since end of 2006, most likely the max battery power has dropped a bit.

cant really think of any other negatory points, tho i wouldnt mind if it were slimmer.

awesome phone, love it.

0hNivlek

HSC
Apple iPhone

9/10

POS: awesome apps + cool features + 3G
NEG: could do with better battery, better camera, more free apps BWahahA.

Yah.

astroe

HSC
Sony Ericsson C902
6/10

Sony Ericsson had decided to make a slimmed down version of their previous 5MP Cybershot camera phones.

Camera quality is okay, I can take photos of notes/presentation screens/book pages/documents quite clearly. Although the flaws start to show when you take pictures of people or.. things.

The touch panels on either side of the screen are useless, they eat up potential screen space and offer no real improvement to traditional buttons.

It doesn't like being dropped and will attain scratches and whatnot accordingly.
The screen somewhat smaller than most phones out there.
Dust accumulates in the camera lens slider.

The battery life is utterly shit. I have to charge everyday or else it'll die.
However, on the other hand, it charges up quickly, maybe an hour or so?
The camera is pretty mediocre but it works at least.

So, all in all, I'm happy that it works and functions as a telecommunications device but that's about it.

johony

HSC
iphone 3GS 16gb

9.5/10

pros: great apps/games, jailbreaking is fun cos i can dl shit, nice screen, cool as fuck, better than my old nokia 5800
cons: everyone has one, shitty apple restrictions, crap battery life, feature set is hit and miss

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Nokia N95 8Gig

Piece of shit (2/10)

It a fricken brick dammit!!!!1 but the upside is it indestructable : )

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I never know Kenya has electricity so long as a mobile network : )

jagat

HSC
n95 and iphone3g 3.0
pros
n95; 5mp camera, gps, wifi
iphone; web browsin, ipod app, great jailbroen apps
cons
none combined

rating; n95 8/10 iphone 6/10 (its a shit fone)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)