Television has just sunk to a new low? (1 Viewer)

HSC
'I Want Your Sperm': TV Just Got Worse

An offshoot of Big Brother is set to take reality TV to controversial new levels. The show will feature a woman's hunt for sperm from male competitors. But unlike this year's Big Brother, the sperm will be used to artificially inseminate the woman and produce a child.

"I Want Your Child ... and Nothing Else!" is the brainchild of billionaire television producer John de Mol, the man behind Big Brother.

It will be screened in Holland on de Mol's new TV station Talpa.

"The plan is that we visit potential donors and - of course on camera - decide which man is most suitable," the 30-year old woman who will feature in the program said in an interview with De Telegraaf newspaper.

"Afterwards there will be artificial insemination," said the woman who was identified only as "Yessica" and who has bought a house with a room for a child.

The show is a one-off competing with four other reality TV programmes, one of which follows five former prostitutes starting a cafe.

The programme receiving most votes from viewers on Saturday, after all the shows have aired, will be turned into a series.

De Telegraaf also published an email address for men wanting to donate sperm to Yessica.

Source:Yahoo News

What the hell is television coming to ... pardon the pun.

tempco

HSC
brogan77 said:
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
yep, that pretty much sums it up.

julius

Banned
HSC
Vote w/ your remotes people! Tune into quality programs (if they still exist).

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
On the other hand if we assume that the woman wanted to concieve a child in the first place then this would seem to be a great way to get it done for free...

santaslayer

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
So they spend 2 months looking for someone, 10 minutes screwing, 9 months creating it.. And then it has a life time of knowing that it was made only for a television show... What a great idea :) :rolleyes:

Does the women think that the television show will support the kid for ever? What a shit life, what a shit show.
They don't screw. They use artifical insemination. The ratings would skyrocket hard if they showed the screwing process as well. lol

The station probably gives the 30 woman enogh money to last a 'simple' lifetime.

Anyway, this is quality television, I don't see what's wrong with it. You people have no taste. :p

malkin86

HSC
This could be handled well, and it could be handled very badly. Think of the "Australian Story"-style angle - a single woman who wants to be a mum - follow her journey as she attempts to find the right father for her baby.
This TV show could not happen in Australia at the present time - as the prospective mother is a single woman, it would be illegal for her to pursue IVF in Australia.

K

katie_tully

Speaking of Big Brother, the Dutch version has a pregnant lady who is giving birth during the show...

Not that Big Brother had any standards to drop from...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie_tully said:
Speaking of Big Brother, the Dutch version has a pregnant lady who is giving birth during the show...

Not that Big Brother had any standards to drop from...
Truman! It begins

julius

Banned
HSC
Anything to get more viewers. I read in the paper that some MP wants to ban reality tv (RT). Good on him.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
thats what they said about Big Brother before it came here, now its one of the higest rating shows ever.. and onto what series now? 5 or 6 ????
And its Crap.. and Uncut and all- ? I mean, how 'exciting' can watching people sit around and talk for a good half hour and then hour later in the evening be? - God...

if its in holland and big.. no doubt stupid dumb ass, Australian tv producers like Ch. 10 will request it

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
'I Want Your Sperm': TV Just Got Worse

An offshoot of Big Brother is set to take reality TV to controversial new levels. The show will feature a woman's hunt for sperm from male competitors. But unlike this year's Big Brother, the sperm will be used to artificially inseminate the woman and produce a child.

"I Want Your Child ... and Nothing Else!" is the brainchild of billionaire television producer John de Mol, the man behind Big Brother.

It will be screened in Holland on de Mol's new TV station Talpa.

"The plan is that we visit potential donors and - of course on camera - decide which man is most suitable," the 30-year old woman who will feature in the program said in an interview with De Telegraaf newspaper.

"Afterwards there will be artificial insemination," said the woman who was identified only as "Yessica" and who has bought a house with a room for a child.

The show is a one-off competing with four other reality TV programmes, one of which follows five former prostitutes starting a cafe.

The programme receiving most votes from viewers on Saturday, after all the shows have aired, will be turned into a series.

De Telegraaf also published an email address for men wanting to donate sperm to Yessica.

Source:Yahoo News

What the hell is television coming to ... pardon the pun.

holy shit...i actually feel dumber for reading that...anyone who watches it is downright retarded...and as for the people in it...fuck me dont get me started...

niall045

HSC
addymac said:
On the other hand if we assume that the woman wanted to concieve a child in the first place then this would seem to be a great way to get it done for free...
I wonder if the donor would get a prize for being the selected father/winner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)