• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tekken (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
Tekken 6 is currently out in arcade but no on PS3 yet. When it does come out it will only be released on PS3 and not PSP so what do you guys think about that?

By the way, what characters do you guys normally use?

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I don't see any particular problem with it being on PS3 and not PSP. As for characters, I like using Hwoarang, Heihachi and Paul.

Aznmichael92

HSC
666_blessings said:
I don't see any particular problem with it being on PS3 and not PSP. As for characters, I like using Hwoarang, Heihachi and Paul.
I love hwoarang and use to use him. After stop playing for 5-7 years, forgot all his combos. Now I am playing a bit of it as cause of classmates. Asuka Kazama is my character :D

With Tekken 6, if it goes on PS3 only, you cant bring the game around with you to play like on school excursions.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I'm definitely fine with it on ps3 only.. it would need to be a totally different game to be able to play on the PSP.

I usually use Xiaoyu. I'm pretty shit at Tekken 6 though as my play style I used in 5 doesn't really work, and I hate the berserk-type system (when you hit low health).

Sonata

HSC
well its good for come backs so your kinda always on guard, one mistake and yea u get ur self combo'ed and end up losing the round.
wall combos are much more dmging in T6 with the new bounce and all.
most of the time im using kazuya if not i just asuka for fun and maybe go over to bob, rarely though

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
eddie fr tekken 3, and the girl with his moves fr a later version, forget name...

Aznmichael92

HSC
christie :D

I do hate the bezerk system, if you do a silly mistake and not finish them off, it could cost you the round and even the game :D

uhawww said:
I'm definitely fine with it on ps3 only.. it would need to be a totally different game to be able to play on the PSP.

I usually use Xiaoyu. I'm pretty shit at Tekken 6 though as my play style I used in 5 doesn't really work, and I hate the berserk-type system (when you hit low health).
Xiaoyu is a pro character. So quick and can dodge alot of attacks :D I reckon Lily is actually cheap haha. My friend does the 10 hit combo (not the unblockable one where she charges at u) then he does another 7 hit aerial combo on you. If you get it by all of it, your gone basically. 150 damage. :D However, I reckon the best character is Nina but pitty I cant use.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
that's also what i don't like about tekken 6, i don't know Xiaoyu's 10 hit yet :(

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
its a new one?
actually it (they) might not be.. i just haven't been able to execute the old one (but it could be to do with timing).

i'll probably have to wait until ps3 version before I can try it properly since it's really really hard to time on the arcades in 6 (in my experience at least, whenever i try i get thoroughly owned)

Aznmichael92

HSC
uhawww said:
actually it (they) might not be.. i just haven't been able to execute the old one (but it could be to do with timing).

i'll probably have to wait until ps3 version before I can try it properly since it's really really hard to time on the arcades in 6 (in my experience at least, whenever i try i get thoroughly owned)
oh ok. For some reason, I tend to be able to do Asuka's ten hit combo at arcades but not on the PSP. Probably cause I don't know when to start it as you need to hit right punch(triangle) while rising.

Aznmichael92

HSC
i can now do lily 10 hit combo but need to ask friend how to do other 7 hit hahaha

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Auska is pretty good for me because im still a noob. Pretty good on tekken 5 on psp but on arcade i suck =[

Sonata

HSC
just practice using the joystick, i remember my first time playing in the arcades, lol i couldnt pull out anything properly. always ended up doing a random jump

Aznmichael92

HSC
i actually find the arcades easier as i can do by diagonals easily. The problem is the button. I dont like its arrangement. I want it to be like the PS3 or PSP

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
been playing loads of 6 lately, started a Ling card but only very recently.. still sitting on just 8th Kyuu and don't have enough gold yet to buy any customisables

getting used to the system in 6 and starting to actually find using a stick easier than a control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)