• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teenage Flag Burner Visits Kokoda (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'd rather this re-education than some punishment, especially considering he's just a teenager.
You don't "re-educate" someone for burning a flag. This isn't Nineteen Eighty-Four.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Exphate said:
Good that they made him do that instead of Community Service or pay a fine. That way he might learn to respect Australia and the Flag, rather than make him more spiteful towards the country.

Kudoes to the RSL for having this made his punishment rather than the forementioned.

EDIT: I STILL DISAGREE WITH LABELLING HIM AS "A LEBANESE TEENAGER".
Oh noes, is someone calling a spade a spade?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Perhaps Exphate prefers "Lebanese-Australian Teenager"?

I'm merely guessing.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
he appears to be 175cm high and roughly 75kg.
lets call him a "175cm, 75kg teenager" to taunt all people who fall into this category

HSC
N/A
Well if it were well established that people of exactly 175cm and 75kg were more likely to be involved in certain activities then I would approve of profiling on that basis. Particularly if there existed gangs or organisations specifically for individuals of those dimensions.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
UnIqUe PrInCeSs said:
Well if it were well established that people of exactly 175cm and 75kg were more likely to be involved in certain activities then I would approve of profiling on that basis. Particularly if there existed gangs or organisations specifically for individuals of those dimensions.
ok fair enough
how about, "filthy human teenager", since all who committ crime are human?

HSC
N/A
Well if you'd like that you ought to start by complaining to the media for always identifying people as either a "man" or a "woman" when reporting events in the news. They usually give their age, too, and sometimes where they're from. You must be offended an awful lot of the time.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
he appears to be 175cm high and roughly 75kg.
lets call him a "175cm, 75kg teenager" to taunt all people who fall into this category
A black male 175cm male has just robbed a store in inner sydney, by your logic we should remove the black to be politically correct.

You're a moron.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
bshoc said:
A black male 175cm male has just robbed a store in inner sydney, by your logic we should remove the black to be politically correct.

You're a moron.
why would you or i care whether a black male robbed a store in woop woop. inform me when there is a robbery epidemic in my street, then ill think about locking up my bed room window. the whole purpose of such a story seems to be centred around the background or origin of the culprit, rather than the nature of the crime itself.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i read an article in soem dingy old newspaper in the doctors surgery todayabout this guy...

perhaps i'm cynical.. but i just feel as if he's really over the top about it..
as if its all exaggerated...
of course the kokoda track would be a very challenging and emotional experience,. [the guy elaborated how on the walk he saw body parts of soldiers..] but i just feel as if his transformation is a little overstated.. ie.. from a flag burning bastard to some reformed citizen?

i suppose its these kinda attitudes that make it impossible for people to change..
or want to change..
and i apologise for my cynicism... but i uphold it.

though i must admit, the photos from before and after the event are very different...
he's facial expression etc..
though i question how long this new reformed self can coexist amongst his 'krew braaaaaaa!'...
hopefully he can help shift attitudes within his own community.. [wont comment.. cynicism is crreping back in......]
or at least find a community/group of people who allow him to maintain these views..

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Well I can see how at certain occasions, racial profiling would be totally unnecessary.

For example (a mild one), a middle eastern person was caught stealing and was charged today. Stealing happens all the time, and the racial profiling merely fuels the already existing social hate.

But for this particular issue, where the situations was about race, culture etc, profiling might be a bit more necessary. For bshoc's example, I can see how it'd be useful for people to help identify the criminal if they're not yet caught, which smh likes to do a lot. Other than that, yes, at times, racial profiling is unnecessary to me.

dam10

HSC
UnIqUe PrInCeSs said:
Considering he's Leb it's more likely to have been an education rather than re-education.
Who are you to say that? Being lebo doesnt mean he doesn't have an education, you dont know the kid at all, what makes you say that? I can name you plenty of lebs who have a decent educational qualification.

shame

And by the way, what happened to the hundreds of "aussie" heroes at Cronulla on that infamous Sunday who were chanting anti-islamic slogans and abusing the holy prophet (pbuh).

The prophet has done much more for my religion than the union jack has done for my country.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
and raping 9 year old girls. Peace be upon the pedophile!

Police do racial profiling as standard, that means if you are white they are going to say, 'white male 178cm 75kg wearing an orange jumper and jeans" something like that. Same goes if you are black, asian, or middle-eastern appearance.

dam10

HSC
YankeeChica said:
such as suicide bombing:bomb:
"I am a Muslim, because it's a religion that teaches you an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. It teaches you to respect everybody, and treat everybody right. But it also teaches you if someone steps on your toe, chop off their foot. And I carry my religious axe with me all the time."- Malcolm X

You obviously dont know much about my religion, You've made ur bed, now go sleep

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dam10 said:
"I am a Muslim, because it's a religion that teaches you an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. It teaches you to respect everybody, and treat everybody right. But it also teaches you if someone steps on your toe, chop off their foot. And I carry my religious axe with me all the time."- Malcolm X

You obviously dont know much about my religion, You've made ur bed, now go sleep
You do realise that quote further entrenches the stereotype of Muslims as reactionary morons, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)