ted hughes? (1 Viewer)

mzcricket48

HSC
im stuck on this module and wat we have to do.... what related texts have u done?

ozziguy

HSC
im stuck on this module and wat we have to do.... what related texts have u done?
I believe, but don't quote me on this, you have to use 2 of Hughes poems in your essay since they are fairly short, in addition to the 2 related.

The whole thing is basically focused around different persectives, why does Hughes have a particular opinion, how is this being represented in his writing, what techniques is he using to create his own view of the 'truth'. I would read up on the relationship between Plath and Hughes since thats basically where their perspectives conflict.
In Hughes poems, you can see him trying to shift the blame for his wifes suicide onto her neurotic obsession with her father, and basically just trying to show his side of the story and how he was not responsible and was unaware of her problems/suicide etc. In plaths poems you can use specific poems that have a contradicting view. E.g. in The Minotaur, Hughes paints his wife as the violent aggressor in their relationship, but in Plaths "The Pursuit" she portrays Hughes as the aggressive dominant male. You basically just have to find examples of Hughes work where his own perspective is clearly being put forth, and then coincide that with your related texts. The easiest option for the related texts is as I said, Plaths poems, but you can also use the film Sylvia, or an article on the two of them, her journals etc etc.

kimAM

HSC
Alstonville High School teachers also have no idea what we are supposed to be doing. They decided that we should do related texts relating to either Ted Hughes or Sylvia Plath or both i.e journal entries, poems, photographs etc. They believe that this would be the simpler route to take. However, some students opted for the harder route and have decided to use other texts that show different perspectives. Its basically up to you.
I personally recon Plath and Hughes related material is much easier. I chose to do Sam-Hughes and Whiteness i remember-Plath. These two poems are both about the incident of there first "date" where Sam, the horse, ran away with Sylvia gripping on for life. These two can be easily related. Fulbright Scholars-hughes and the image of Sylvia plath on the beach in swim wear (which can be found on google on approx. page 4 top line) can be related as she is smiling her "american grin" and her hair is hiding her scar of her suicide attempt, she is an all amaerican girl, also shows the photographers perspective on Sylvia. Sylvia is positioned in this way. You have now given 3 different perspectives on Plath and Hughes relationship. Your Paris-hughes also displays different persectives within the poem itself.
There is also poems by Freida-Sylvia's daughter. Also, alot of news article's etc that you can use. Remember you should look on the board of studies website on which texts you aren't aloud to use cause its really frustrating when you find out that your not aloud to use a text after you have done an assessment on it.
:) i no its frustrating but we only have a few months and its all ova. hope i helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)