Tecniques for songs Plz Help (1 Viewer)

Tammie

Techniques for songs Plz Help

I chose i song for a related text and now im stuck on alot of techniques.... any ideas ppl... i lil list would help.
And do i include sound techniques as well? Plz help

Last edited by a moderator:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Try to focus on your music by not thinking its music - treat it as a poem. Does it rhyme? Rhyming couplets? Alliteration? Suspense? Repetition? I'm sure there's repetition - so what does that achieve?

Try to steer away from sound techniques. Remember we're looking for english techniques, not music. Sure you can throw in a "it's in 3/4 and creates a cyclical, merri-go-round feel" if you feel it appropriate... But treat your piece as a poem.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
but sometimes the music can be part of the text, just like visual features in visual texts. but the only things that really matter is how the music can be used to set tone, for instance happy, sad etc.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Allstarrr said:
what is alliteration?
Constant use of the same letter. For example:

She sailed succinctly through the savvy sea

That example makes no sense, but you get the idea.

Elizajoey

HSC
N/A
If you have a song as additional text, are you suppose to be analysing the music together with the lyrics or is it suitable to treat it simply as the written world.

For example, if you are doing Imagine by John Lennon it is suitable to comment on the melody of the song as it creates a tone which allows the responder to travel into the non-reality of a perfect world.

However, if you are doing other songs, they arent always as instrument to the song as a whole as well as the fact that when you talk about melody, it depends on the arrangement of the song.

So it is alright when doing a song, to simply view it like you would a poem?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
um, when i did a poem i talked about the melody as well, i think it's important, that's the point of a song

i talked about it as both a poem and then the melody e.g. repitition was used to emphasise the point, also emphasised by the desperation in the singer's voice. climax of song at these particular lyrics, shows they are important. - you know the deal, it's english, make something up but treat it both as a poem and with the melody.

.:b-me:.

memories consume
assonance, metaphor, rhetorical questions, repetition

emphasis, rhythm, pace

tone.

MzLebo

HSC
N/A
so say the song "Lose yourself" by eminem what could u say about the techniques used and the structure of the lyrics/song...?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hfis said:
Constant use of the same letter. For example:

She sailed succinctly through the savvy sea

That example makes no sense, but you get the idea.
yeh but that could also be sibbilance... repitition of the ssss sound

CrashOveride

HSC
Anyone know of good poem techniques? They usually throw in a poem for one of the reading tasks in paper1 and i lost like all the marks for the question about techniques in the poem etc. Anyone got any good sites or help out here?
T H A N K S

Brad

How could someone doing advanced english with a target UAI of 94 not know what alliteration was???????????

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Brad said:
How could someone doing advanced english with a target UAI of 94 not know what alliteration was???????????
They'll get better results than us. I'm sure of it. Somehow they will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)