Techniques (1 Viewer)

brunette

HSC
hey i was just wondering if anyone can help and tell me what generel techniques are used in novels eg point of view, emotive language, and their uses
i have no idea and ive been searching everywhere
so plz help if you can
much appreciated

xx

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
is there something on the main site?

syntax - placing and order of words. puts emphasis on different areas or parts.

omniscient narrator - one which overlooks and knows all. allows all the characters' thoughts to be told, and allows the reader to see how and what they think of themselves and others.

dialogue - 2 people talking. what and how it is said.

suspense

imagery - giving images to describe the thing, allows the reader to have a better idea of what something is like

dramatic irony - where the audience knows what is happening but the characters in the story don't.

punctuation, short and long sentences, exclamations, rhetorical questions etc.

Last edited:

brunette

HSC
THANK YOU!!!!! you dont understand how much iv been stressing to find techniques!
your a life saver!!!

xx

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol no problem! remember to add the ones you mentioned at the top as well

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Thanks iambored! I have also been looking for the same information on novel techniques. Do they just not teach it? My class has really never thoroughly studied what techniques a book or text involves! But yet, each assessment criteria always examines your ability to analyse texts through the use of their techniques.

If anyone has any other techiques to add to this list - that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for any help!

white_jellybean

Yeah me too -

Im am so stuffed when it comes to these language and other techniques - any help would be very much appreciated

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Originally posted by Happeninchick
Thanks iambored! I have also been looking for the same information on novel techniques. Do they just not teach it? My class has really never thoroughly studied what techniques a book or text involves! But yet, each assessment criteria always examines your ability to analyse texts through the use of their techniques.

If anyone has any other techiques to add to this list - that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for any help!
I know what you mean, its like you're doing the prelim course and they just expect you to know EVERYTHING about techniques and pick everything up.. Does anyone else find that when you're watching something like a movie or reading a book, you start to analyse it and pick up techniques even when you don't mean to? or is that just me and my twisted mind??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)