Techniques used in supp texts (1 Viewer)

Blue View

HSC
Hey ppl,

I was looking through some of the resources and other threads about imaginative journeys and I discovered that there aren't many references made to techniques that are used in supp texts.

For one of my supp texts I am going to do The Matrix but I am having some trouble finding techniques that I can discuss. I am guessing that there would be quite a few other ppl lost for ideas about supp text techniques as well, so this thread is a perfect place to list some helpful ideas about techniques, etc.

The techniques that I can find in The Matrix so far are:
  • Heaps of contrast
  • Black and dark imagery which can be a juxtaposition when compared to the imagery of say Coleridge
  • Reference is made to the road metaphor (You've walked down that road before, Neo, you know where it leads to)
  • Symbolism - phones for challenges??
  • I don't know how this could be related to a technique but I read somewhere that The Matrix could be related to the imag j in the sense that it challenges conventional views of reality, therefore presenting the notion of a description of a widly imagined world (which is referred to in literary terms as 'incluing' or something like that)

ania2501

HSC
hey..i used the matrix in a speech i did and i compared it with 'the road not taken' by robert frost...(stimulous booklet)
when i was referring to techniques in the matrix i talked about how its a multimedia text that questions the resonders interpretations of what we believe is real...('What is real, how do u define real'). By asking such questions the composer invites the resonders into the imaginative journey.

I also talked about the road metaphor and i as an example i used how Neo has to choose between the red pill and blue pill.

Talk about camera techniques.....(use of vectors) long corridors with no apparent end constantly being shown representing Neos never ending journey of discovery.

Music is a dramatic throughout the film

colours represent danger and vulnerability...

i had troubles finding techniques as well but i just used all of those in my speech and managed to get 17/20. so hopefully i helped u a litttle bit....good luck!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Blue View said:
Hey ppl,

The techniques that I can find in The Matrix so far are:
  • Heaps of contrast
  • Black and dark imagery which can be a juxtaposition when compared to the imagery of say Coleridge
  • Reference is made to the road metaphor (You've walked down that road before, Neo, you know where it leads to)
  • Symbolism - phones for challenges??
  • I don't know how this could be related to a technique but I read somewhere that The Matrix could be related to the imag j in the sense that it challenges conventional views of reality, therefore presenting the notion of a description of a widly imagined world (which is referred to in literary terms as 'incluing' or something like that)
the last dot point (in bold) isnt a technique in a sense. its the wise words of analysis/conclusion that u DRAW or DEDUCE from the techniques u have found in the film. u must mention how the techniques reinforce the notion of a wildly imaginary world, which goes on to support ur argument that u put forward in ur intro.

other techniques that might be helpful are:

-camera angles
-music, setting, lighting
-editing techniques (e.g. slow motion, fast motion, cut scenes, montages, special effects...)
-costuming. its worthwhile to mention the clothing, particularly the sunnies. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)