• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Techniques on Wind in the Williows (1 Viewer)

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I haven't paid particular attention to The Wind In The Willows as I'm not planning on using it, but here are a few things that I remember about it:

- personification: animals are given human characteristics, personality and speech
- symbolism: the animals can be seen as individual representations of different social classes or different facets of British society
- imagery: if I remember correctly, there are quite a few visual descriptions of a journey in the exerpt

Sorry it's not very detailed, it's probably better to get info off of someone's who has actually read it properly.

I can't really help you with The Tempest as I didn't study that either.

Steffijam

HSC
It's more than personification - giving animals human qualities is called anthropomorphism.

Loz Dt

HSC
Steffijam said:
It's more than personification - giving animals human qualities is called anthropomorphism.
or a simpler word for giving animals human characteristics is allegory. thats what most of the study guides say anyway. if you are having trouble with it i suggest you do some research on it, maybe get some study guides or something. but wind in the willows isnt that hard, u will be ok...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)