technique? (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
What's the technique called when images appear within letters??
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.07.59 pm.png

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not entirely sure what the technique for including images within letters is referred to (if anything), although I believe this would not stop you from discussing any of the following and subsequently linking it to this aspect of the image:
  • Composition: This includes what an image is made up of, such as where things are placed, how it is framed as well as the colours used. This generally refers to the image as a whole, and you may be able to discuss images being placed within letters as part of composition.
  • Salience: How much any section of an image draws the viewer’s eyes. The most salient feature of an image is whatever/wherever the viewer’s eyes are first drawn when they look at it. Salience is always deliberate and usually created through contrast, colour, framing and layout. In the case of this photo, you can argue that images being included within letters is a salient element and provide reasons for this.
  • Symbolism: The use of one image/object to represent an idea or concept that is more complex than it is. Here, you can make reference to images being included within letters and subsequently discuss the more complex idea that is being conveyed.
I hope this helps! 😄

icycledough

HSC
The only technique I could find which somewhat resembles the image above is steganography, which is when information is 'concealed' or 'hidden' within the bigger picture. So like at first, you may notice the images or the word Newtown, but after a closer inspection, you will notice the other. But once again, the technique seems like one not actually employed in the image above and is definitely one you may not remember, so I'd probably not use it.

zizi2003_

HSC
I'm not entirely sure what the technique for including images within letters is referred to (if anything), although I believe this would not stop you from discussing any of the following and subsequently linking it to this aspect of the image:
  • Composition: This includes what an image is made up of, such as where things are placed, how it is framed as well as the colours used. This generally refers to the image as a whole, and you may be able to discuss images being placed within letters as part of composition.
  • Salience: How much any section of an image draws the viewer’s eyes. The most salient feature of an image is whatever/wherever the viewer’s eyes are first drawn when they look at it. Salience is always deliberate and usually created through contrast, colour, framing and layout. In the case of this photo, you can argue that images being included within letters is a salient element and provide reasons for this.
  • Symbolism: The use of one image/object to represent an idea or concept that is more complex than it is. Here, you can make reference to images being included within letters and subsequently discuss the more complex idea that is being conveyed.
I hope this helps! 😄
THANK YOU!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)