Teaching yourself! (1 Viewer)

big_will08

yep thats right! ive totally given up on my ipt teacher...i decided to teach myself!

well, our school uses Jacaranda as a textbook and i found it pathetic...they leave out some stuff and half the diagrams in that book is wrong!

so i spent 40 bucks on Heineman...hopefully reading it and making notes will be good!!

IPT :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
I think i will have to join you on that idea... I am sitting in IPT right now surfing the net cause the teacher aint teaching! I have got an excel book that has alot in it.

sweet_lil_sandy

yeah our teachers also bad.. we just sit there and play on the computers aswell...
were using the jacaranda book too... its not all that detailed
i heard the excel wasnt all that good ??

what r u all gonna do 4 hsc notes in ipt ?

HSC
im using the bored notes :D
and i wrote some of my own but not much
im sticking to using flash cards
and ummm....i got the heineman book...thats ok...better than jacaranda

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
We a combination of the heinemann, the excel abd another textbook plus Success One HSC - its got 2001 and 2002 hsc, detailed answers and a specimin paper.

The heinemann is a pretty good textbook but i have found that all books seem to be very vague when talking about project work. The all seem contradictorary. For our project we r just asking our teacher what he wants to be in it and doin wot he says. If u learn the basics e.g. what is a fesability study and project plan? then u should go good in the hsc. Its mainly the diagrams that get assessed as far as i know e.g. dfds and system flow charts.

If you know everything in the Excel book you should have the basic knowledge needed to do pretty well in the hsc so if u cant get hold of the heinemann or dont have enough time to learn it all id go for the excel.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i use te excel book for everything, but hi's good for note making... i havent started making notes yet so im in a load of crap at the moment...

yeah im looking for the ipt success ones books, i cant find them! they seem to have one for every other subject besides ipt

Huy

HSC
N/A
we've been using heinemann for about 4 years now.
(used it in yrs 9-10 computing studies, from the same author GK powers).

found it really useful without the nonsense.
i've purchased excel ipt a year ago, found it VERY basic and not very useful. (layout was cluttered like excel chemistry :p)

so i'm only using heinemann now, it's the only text we've got at school. software design/dev uses heinemann as well at our school, so it's a winner :)

what i like the most is the fact that exercises are *SO* complicated. read the text, take a look at the exercises, and the answers are in chronological order, even with their own headings! it seems 'easy' -- but it gets you in the habit of reading the text, looking for answers, recalling paragraphs/terms, and generally prepping yourself for exams :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)