teaching Evolution in catholics schoosl? (1 Viewer)

IceBreaker

HSC
im just curious because the theory of evolution(charles Darwin) is very true and science & its goes against the ethical beliefs against religion(creation from god etc.), do they get pissed off teaching this part?

asscookie

dork.
HSC
We were taught evolution and creationism side-by-side in year 10 science. The teacher would tell us something, and then she'd say "But remember, evolution is FALSE". Majorly annoying.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
my friend who does bio and is a christian ...

he said something along the lines of:
"god created everything, then they just evolved on..."

ishq

brown?
HSC
IceBreaker said:
im just curious because the theory of evolution(charles Darwin) is very true and science & its goes against the ethical beliefs against religion(creation from god etc.), do they get pissed off teaching this part?
lol!
talk about paradoxical...

elisabeth

HSC
xiao1985 said:
my friend who does bio and is a christian ...

he said something along the lines of:
"god created everything, then they just evolved on..."
Well, my school is not religious and probably to shut up the annoying overzealous Christian girl in my class who always went on about evolution=anti-Christian, my bio teacher used an analogy to show two ways religious people could see it:

Say you go into a completely empty room save a pool table, a cue and all the balls in the pockets. How do you assume they got there?

1) Simple way: Someone put them in the pockets.
2) Complex way: All the balls were lined up on the table in a way that caused them to be sunk in one shot. You just need one set of conditions once, and things progress/evolve from there.

So, did "God" just make each animal individually, or did "God" one day cause the right combinations of amino acids and gases, add a spark and life evolved from there to the diverse forms found today? Your call.

Btw, I incline to the second explaination only being an athiest, it wasn't the work of some deity.

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Nah, nothing wrong with teaching evolution in a catholic school, we even get taught contraception in PE :p Besides they have to stick to the HSC Teaching Syllabus so they can't say oh evolution is a load of crap. I don't think my school even cares.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
we got taught evolution...in science they told us that creation was just a story
in religion they told us the same thing lol
weird tho ..in year 9 they werent allowed to teach us about contraception lol but stil could teach us about STDs ..all while going around how to avoid them

tempco

HSC
i went to an islamic school and i was taught evolution. it's called the theory of evolution for a reason... some people are convinced that it's true, others are boderline while others reject it. personally, i do believe in some aspects of evolution, but not completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)