Teaching at UWS?? (1 Viewer)

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Hey,

i'm considering doing primary teaching next year, and was just wondering if there was anyone who is doing the B Arts/B Teaching, and is it a good course?

or would you recommend going to a different uni?

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
At UWS, you have to do the Bachelor of Arts now for 3 years and then a year for Dip Ed.

apparently they got rid of their mixed teaching/arts courses, which suks coz now i have to go through 3 years of arts to do teaching :(

SweetSeasons

HSC
Don't do teaching at uws, it used to be good but now it's gone to hell.

You don't get to do any teaching pracs untill u start your teaching degree which is 3 years down the track so you don't even know if you like teaching untill after you've done 3 years of uni and you might hate teaching and be like shit i waisted 3 years of my life for this.

The australian catholic uni has a very good reputation for bach of teaching courses and it is a small uni so it's more personal then uws, and you get to do teaching pracs in your 2nd year and you do the teaching units at the start of your degree.

Trust me I've waisted a year at UWS and now all I can thing about is how i wish i had of known about ACU b4 I started here.

I'm not bagging UWS, its just not as good as it used to be for teaching courses.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Tuggi3 said:
At UWS, you have to do the Bachelor of Arts now for 3 years and then a year for Dip Ed.

apparently they got rid of their mixed teaching/arts courses, which suks coz now i have to go through 3 years of arts to do teaching :(
There is an advantage of that though. You can do arts and specifically learn about a field. I know someone who is doing a B of tourism, however, she is doing all geography subjects in her free electives, to help with her understanding of geography.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
thanks all for your info

i was considering ACU, but i doubt i will get the required marks for the course. :(

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
Hey, just thought I'd let you know, My cousin is wanting to do primary education and basically was told that the combined education degrees arent being offered anymore, but that its alot better now cos what you do is complete a bachelor of arts or bachelor of social science and then add on a one year bachelor of teaching (primary), which you get automatic entry into. So in the end, you're still at uni for the 4 years, but end up with 2 qualifications, an undergraduate degree in addition to a postgraduate qualification, so you'll be alot more competitive than someone who only has one! Its basically the same as it used to be, only difference is now you get more options, like the B Arts or B social Science allows you to get into a range of different jobs, so if you think teachings not for you, you still have heaps of options...
:)

Last edited:

melodic_gal

HSC
apprently i was going to do primary teaching this year but changed my mind at the last minute because of the changes that I had to B of Arts/dip teaching or B of teaching. I didn't really want to Arts theres nothing wrong with arts just don't want to do it.

So I am doing a Bachelor of Early Childhood(Child and Family)/Master of teaching, Early Childhood. 3 years for the bachelor half year for the master degree.

Last edited:

reemz

HSC
far out why did they have to change it for honestly... western had the best rep. for teaching before... just when i wanted to go there lol

reemz

HSC
so at uws dou get a diploma or a bacholer of education? coz i eard its not good to get a diploma?

Lollies...

HSC
You get a Bachelor of Teaching. You have to complete 120 credit points, and you get academic credit from your undergrad for the remaining 120 credit points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)