Teachers who highjack ur major work (1 Viewer)

bflaaaaaaaaaaaz

HSC
N/A
Oh my god i am sick of my teacher. We only have five ppl in our class and he is trying to personally take over each of our major works.
Yesterday i had an argument with him for five minutes because he wanted to change the word distance to length. Apparently it was
"Better word choice."
Aaaaaagh!
Fair enough suggestions are helpful at times but it is our work, not his. So....
PISS OFF!!!:burn:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Sounds like you have a teacher who does not know how to edit.

Sorry about that. A good editor does not try to change the voice of the work but helps correct the mistakes that scream "amateur".

If you want a non-biassed, non-taking over opinion, I'm here ;)

But in any case, keep arguing OR make the changes and show him but have a second copy which is the real copy and only make changes you really think are worthy. It's a way to keep the monkey off your back and it would be an interesting exercise to see how MUCH he changes your work and so you can show him what he has done. Maybe he won't do it again in future.

Or, that could just be me being a trouble maker (as usual ;) )

J

jhakka

Umm, I hardly think word choice suggestions count as a hijacking. And at the end of the day you can just say "Fine" and proceed to ignore the advice.

Nyao

HSC
It seems like the guy is just trying to be helpful. Maybe if you just talk to him and are like, "well in the end it's externally marked so your opinion really doesn't matter" (but in a nicer, less blunt way) he might back off a little. Completely not knowing about the incident in question, but just looking at the two words, I'd be inclined to go with "length" myself as "distance" might be either incorrect, repeating a word used earlier or the committing the deadly sin of overwriting. The first word you think of can still be the best word sometimes.

bflaaaaaaaaaaaz

HSC
N/A
well thanks every one for all your help (?) i feel much better. Any way now that the year eleven kids are coming up to their final exams he has backed off completely. Did any one say viva voce!
ps please don't say maths and german rock when we are discussing ex2 obviously english is the superior course. ;) just kidding, but seriously, maths sucks

HSC
bflaaaaaaaaaaaz said:
well thanks every one for all your help (?) i feel much better. Any way now that the year eleven kids are coming up to their final exams he has backed off completely. Did any one say viva voce!
ps please don't say maths and german rock when we are discussing ex2 obviously english is the superior course. ;) just kidding, but seriously, maths sucks
its in their sig, not their post.

bflaaaaaaaaaaaz

HSC
N/A
i think you were offering me some advice but i didn't understand. any way i think that it's really coincidental that you go to uow... i have heaps of family there and hope to study there nest year. Do you like studying there?

HSC
i was just pointing out the person who wrote "maths and physics rock!" didn't post that. its just in their sig so everytime they post/give advice or whatever you are going to see it anyway.

sorry, i really don't have that much advice to offer, i only did advanced english and thats because my school made me lol. just ignore it, i'm sure you know what you are doing. take all the good advice and use it and then ignore the bad/useless ones lol.

uow is a great choice! its a very nice looking uni, i rate it second behind usyd lol. seriously though its a very good uni, its heaps relaxed, i think its quite underrated too, its not quite prestigious if youre into that stuff. saying that you're almost guaranteed a job after you graduate, as the employment prospects are very good.

lapin.mignon

HSC
We have to hand ours in a month early so our teacher can go through it with a fine tooth comb, underlinging every grammatical mistake, spelling error and ambiguity.
<<;;
But she's been doing that every week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)