Teachers & Interpreters question... (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Ok what I am not clear on is whether we need to study all 4 teachers/interpreters...ie 2 from the classical, & 2 from the contemporary.

Can they stipulate which period we write about? This would mean we need to study all 4, which would be very gay.

adambra

HSC
I'm also confused about this.

According to the syllabus:

"the nature, role and importance of pivotal individuals or schools of thought:
– TWO pivotal individuals or schools of thought, ONE from each of TWO religious traditions chosen from the same period
EITHER from the period of early foundation."

Note the capitalised "either" so I assume we only need to know one period?

However,

"the effect that TWO pivotal individuals or schools of thought from the contemporary period, ONE from each of TWO religious traditions, have had on the everyday lives of believers."

This dot point stipulates we must know the "Everyday life of believers" for the contemporary period.

The last one states

"Students learn to:
compare and contrast the effects brought about by TWO pivotal individuals or schools of thought from the same period, ONE from each of the TWO religious traditions, with reference to TWO of the following areas:
– challenge to the tradition
– extent and significance of the change
– reaction and response by the religious tradition
– changes in society requiring adaptation of teachings
– continuing impact today."

The final dot point indicates we will only need to know about one period in this case. Since the cross religion studies question is now an essay, I asuume they will only ask a "Everyday life of Believers question" or ask us to compare/contrast role, nature, importance, challenge to tradition, contnuing impact today, etc. for either period .

Really hope I'm right here.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Yes it is very confusing, but this is my theory after reading your post...where we may be going wrong is the two individuals/schools of thought which we have learnt in regards to the contemporary period (2nd dot point) where we compare the effect on everday lives of believer...cannot actually be used for the first dot point where we must discuss two individuals/schools of thought from either the period of early foundation or period of growth.

Ie - the first dot point and second dot point actually have different 'pools' of individuals/schools of thought which we should be choosing from to study that area, and we should not be using the same people for the other dot point.

We really need a professional to come explain this...lol.

adambra

HSC
I called the advice line before. They made little sense, I think similar to what I said but maybe not... I don't think anyone actually knows.

switchblade87

HSC
They can specify either period (Contemporary/Foundation), so you have to prepare both for both traditions. (Total of 4)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)