Teachers Abilities... (1 Viewer)

would you question yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • It is the students fault

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • It is not my problem, im just a teacher...

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

scoby_2000

HSC
I'm curious

if you were a maths teacher...and your class got a 32% average

wouldnt you question your ability as a teacher?

my class is 25 people and we are not the brightest nor the dumbest...but seriously?

I think if i were a teacher i would perhaps question my ability

(note....this is not a one off for this teacher)

EDIT: this was 2U CSSA

HSC
Yes, I would.

I don't believe it us up to the student as maths requires lots of visualizations. Learning where things are derived from, physics software ipt (my other subjects) i can teach myself as i only need to know whats there.
I can relate to having a bad maths teacher. However I now have a tutor and i'm doing well. I suggest you find a good (1 on 1) tutor and get ahead of your class.

scoby_2000

HSC
i do, ive been having tutoring for ages every sunday for 2hrs

and i did fkn 12 past papers

i think i just suck :(

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I wouldnt. Perhaps the desire of doing well in a test is not there in the group? I know what its like to have a bad teacher but then I also know what its like to have people in your class who dont give a fuck. I think its a combination of the two which has resulted in that avg.

LostAuzzie

HSC
Well Id say it depends on the difficulty of the test,
Like if as a teacher I set a test which I felt was easy and the class average was 32% Id start to consider whether my teaching methods were adequate

But in your case with the CSSA where the averages in other schools are seeming to be much Higher I would definitely be questioning my ability as a teacher

scoby_2000

HSC
i was the third highest in my class with 45%

one person passed and she got 60%

in hindsight i didnt think the test was that hard

i made soooooo many studpid fkn mistakes

but i still think that i wud question my ability

he is a piss poor teacher

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Maths sucks full stop
IMO, 3 unit people make 2unit people look dumb
I wish we had no 3unit people drop down to our class...
kthnxbai

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Honestly; yes I probably would; but I think then I'd have a serious think about what effort the students were TRUELY putting in!

It isn't a teachers responsibility to give students good marks; it's their responsibility to teach the work!
If students don't end up going well; that is honestly not the teachers responsibility; they're being payed to teach! Most teachers would be more than happy to help out a student having trouble; but they are not being payed to guarantee good marks of students; just to teach them the required material for them to be able to do their studies! :uhhuh: :)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
scoby_2000 said:
i do, ive been having tutoring for ages every sunday for 2hrs

and i did fkn 12 past papers

i think i just suck :(
Same. I feel hopeless. I do shitloads of tutoring and extra work and in the trial i could only answer literally half the test. I don't want my results back.

My maths teacher is incoherent. I can't understand him at all. Over 2/3rds of our class have tutors, and we're all still getting shit marks. And we're in general maths.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
If there's a concept you don't understand at school, ask your tutor.

If you tutor can't explain it to you, get a better tutor.

If they aren't able to explain it to you, then you just fucking suck.

what did the other classes get on average?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
if your class is general retards then dont complain but if your class is so far behind everyone else then your teacher definitely sucks.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yes, i'd question my ability. I only do 2 unit maths, and my teacher is great! but my class is not the brightest.. and he knows that. Sometimes, when we are learning a topic, most of us dont understand, and i can hear him muttering to himself "ok, its me then... bad teaching.. hmm" and tries a different approach. Hes my fave teacher, so funny and laid back and really easy to get along with

klaw

HSC
You shouldn't really need a teacher for 2U maths... just work through the worked examples in your textbook and you should be able to teach yourself... Teachers have an impact on your results, yes, but they are certainly not the most important factor

Digital_Spork

HSC
If my class had an average that low then yes I would be concerned. ( I think my class average was about that low too :( )

What really pisses me off is that there are students in my class who dont give a f*ck about math and always mess around in class, thus the teacher spends her time trying to control them and it leaves the students who want to do well screwed over.

scoby_2000

HSC
Murf said:
yes i find that annoying as well, to a point some ppl in class can be funny, but sometimes (not just in maths) people take it too far and it starts to get in the way.

murf

i am totally guilty of doing this in german

but i dont care coz i dun like the people i destract...well one of them anyway :D

lol

im evil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)