Target (2 Viewers)

Evilo

HSC
i would just ask that an incedent report be made (and you can add to it), dont make a complaint yet. Wait to see if you get paid/hours are removed from you before making a complaint. At least they have spoken to you and taken in what you've said.

greekgun

HSC
I dont work at target or anything, just want to tell a story. When i was like 8 yrs old, me and my cousin were playing around in target (i think it was around preston) because my mum dragged us along to go shopping. Anywho we were kicking a soccer ball around and we kicked it in to one of the changing room cubicle things, so we go inside to get it and what do we see, shit. Someone shat on the chair thing where u sit down inside the cubicle.

Does this shit happen to u guys this day and age? and if so, who cleans it up? if i was working at target, and the manager asked me to clean it up, i would tell him to fuck off.

Evilo

HSC
that post probably belongs in the "rules for customers" thread.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
greekgun said:
I dont work at target or anything, just want to tell a story. When i was like 8 yrs old, me and my cousin were playing around in target (i think it was around preston) because my mum dragged us along to go shopping. Anywho we were kicking a soccer ball around and we kicked it in to one of the changing room cubicle things, so we go inside to get it and what do we see, shit. Someone shat on the chair thing where u sit down inside the cubicle.

Does this shit happen to u guys this day and age? and if so, who cleans it up? if i was working at target, and the manager asked me to clean it up, i would tell him to fuck off.
one in a million! lol

born2b

HSC
greekgun said:

ROFLLL MY EFFING ASS OFF!!!

lol in woolies when i worked there about 2 years ago somebody shat on the floorr ahhahhahahha :S:S::S:S:S lol and yeah i looked at it and went zomg shit, then i called more of the crew to disgust them and laugh then finally, a old longlife 3ic was called to pick up the shit ROFL...

we all looked at it and walked away, hoping we wouldnt be asked to clean well the guy had to wear gloves and pick it by hand as well as toilet paper and then to mop it ..

ps it was a pretty freaking long trail went for like 2 isles

the whole day was freaking funny after that.. lol some womman walked into it and complained !!! ROFL

end of story
-hijacked thread... :D

greekgun

HSC
born2b said:
ROFLLL MY EFFING ASS OFF!!!

lol in woolies when i worked there about 2 years ago somebody shat on the floorr ahhahhahahha :S:S::S:S:S lol and yeah i looked at it and went zomg shit, then i called more of the crew to disgust them and laugh then finally, a old longlife 3ic was called to pick up the shit ROFL...

we all looked at it and walked away, hoping we wouldnt be asked to clean well the guy had to wear gloves and pick it by hand as well as toilet paper and then to mop it ..

ps it was a pretty freaking long trail went for like 2 isles

the whole day was freaking funny after that.. lol some womman walked into it and complained !!! ROFL

end of story
-hijacked thread... :D
Hahaha yeah we did hijack this thread. Nah ill get off now.

born2b

HSC
Brant57 said:
Yeah, you hear some pretty gross stories from the fitting room girls. Like people having sex in the cubicle's and leaving used condoms and shit in there.
lol... try the bosses having sex in the lunch room on a public holiday :D:D lol

or even at school ... yess school :S:S i have seen it all

i have soo many woolies stories its not funny....

highjacked the thread again. :D lets not worry about it anymore lol his problems solved :p

Last edited:

mitch179

HSC
Brant57 said:
Yuck! I wouldnt wanna imagine any of my bosses fucking in the lunch room. One does give the district manager a wristie when he comes though.... mitch179 will know what im talking about.....
LOL! Unfortunately, I do know what you're talking about.

It's not good.

But other than that, Target is pretty cool, well, the store I'm at. Transferring stores next week, should be good.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey just in case anyone was wondering what eventually happened.

The store manager never got back to me so i filed a complaint to the Workplace Ombudsman, a few days later I was completely compensated my 4 hours wages for the shift and I then withdrew the complaint.

So in the end - I got paid.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yay for reviving an old thread.
Just quickly, how do I operate the P.A? What do I press on the phone?

I plan to go to Target and make some announcements. (just like Julian from the Chasers did :p)

mitch179

HSC
Yay for reviving an old thread.
Just quickly, how do I operate the P.A? What do I press on the phone?

I plan to go to Target and make some announcements. (just like Julian from the Chasers did :p)
Haha, you should totally do it.
Unfortunately, it's different at most stores.
At my first store, it was *15, but at my store i'm currently at, it's *16.
Just try anything from like *10 to *19 and it might work.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Haha, you should totally do it.
Unfortunately, it's different at most stores.
At my first store, it was *15, but at my store i'm currently at, it's *16.
Just try anything from like *10 to *19 and it might work.
So there's no "page" button like in Safeway? I think safeways phone page is "page button + #", (number is for different departments, or all departments, etc)

So just try *10-19?

mitch179

HSC
So there's no "page" button like in Safeway? I think safeways phone page is "page button + #", (number is for different departments, or all departments, etc)

So just try *10-19?
Yeah, no "page" button. Maybe at certain stores there are, but not the ones round here.

nat313

HSC
hey, i realise this thread is really old haha but i was just wondering what i should expect at a target induction. I got an interview about 20 minutes after i handed in an application form so they obviously really needed people.
Anyway i was told to go to an induction on thursday at 5pm, however, I have no idea what im expected to bring/wear. Is it actual training, or do you just learn basic store info?
yes, i realise i should have just asked
so yeah anyone who works at target and knows this stuff plz

mitch179

HSC
hey, i realise this thread is really old haha but i was just wondering what i should expect at a target induction. I got an interview about 20 minutes after i handed in an application form so they obviously really needed people.
Anyway i was told to go to an induction on thursday at 5pm, however, I have no idea what im expected to bring/wear. Is it actual training, or do you just learn basic store info?
yes, i realise i should have just asked
so yeah anyone who works at target and knows this stuff plz

Target Induction is the most boring thing you'll ever do.
Just wear white shirt and black pants.
They'll give you forms, including an order form to order a shirt, or multiple if you really want to.
They'll give you some other forms including bank details to get paid, sign the code of conduct. You might watch some videos regarding safety, such as lifting. We have a new system called, the "wings in" approach to lifting, it's quite funny.
They might get a rep in from the SDA union to get you to join. I wouldn't do it if you are given the option. I remember at my induction, we were practically pressured to join. It's a waste of money, so don't do it if you're given the option.
You might jump on registers with another operator, depending on how long your induction is. They'll just show you how to operate the register, while you just stand there and watch, and pack bags.

After that, you'll also have to do an online induction. This is supposed to take you about 6 hours, but it can be done much quicker. You get paid 6 hours pay, no matter how long it takes you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)