Taking Exam Booklets Home (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
Are we allowed to take home the question booklets from our exams?

HSC
Beege said:
Are we allowed to take home the question booklets from our exams?
yes. whatever doesn't have your written answers in it already you can take home. like for example for the sciences you will get multi choice back but you won't get back written ones because there's a separate booklet where you write your answer below the question.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Question booklets yes, answer booklets (even blank ones) no.

zaqwerty

HSC
What's the deal with not being allowed to take blank booklets out?

And why aren't we allowed to take blank pieces of paper in? - they'd help a great deal in mathematics, or to plan an essay on, instead of having to flick back to the first page of a booklet.

FromDeeEast

HSC
zaqwerty said:
What's the deal with not being allowed to take blank booklets out?

And why aren't we allowed to take blank pieces of paper in? - they'd help a great deal in mathematics, or to plan an essay on, instead of having to flick back to the first page of a booklet.
so that they dont waste time checking that EVERY SINGLE person doesnt have anything written with the paper they bring in.

if u really need more writing space, just keep a booklet for planning / working out

HSC
well in the booklets it goes one blank page one lined page...youre only meant to write on the lined pages but you can use the blanks for working out

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The reason that I was told by our Supervisor of the Exams a number of years ago for not letting the booklets out is that students could take one or two home early in the exam process and then bring one back for a later exam with stuff in them to help them.

ALL exam booklets issued to a centre are counted and signed for by the Supervisor of the exam centre and they have to account for all of them at the end of the process.

If you do want to have a planning page or a working out page then simply use a separate booklet that you hand in and the Supervisor will know what to do with it.

HSC
cem said:
The reason that I was told by our Supervisor of the Exams a number of years ago for not letting the booklets out is that students could take one or two home early in the exam process and then bring one back for a later exam with stuff in them to help them.

ALL exam booklets issued to a centre are counted and signed for by the Supervisor of the exam centre and they have to account for all of them at the end of the process.

If you do want to have a planning page or a working out page then simply use a separate booklet that you hand in and the Supervisor will know what to do with it.

ahh, this makes alot of sense.

also, i thought you were meant to show "all" working out in maths. so why bother with extra paper/booklets for working out?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes you are.

Although I did hear last year some schools/supervisors weren't letting students take home the exams....not that I have looked at the exams since finishing. They are packed away in a box in the garage with all my other yr 12 stuff.

FromDeeEast

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
ahh, this makes alot of sense.

also, i thought you were meant to show "all" working out in maths. so why bother with extra paper/booklets for working out?
yea but personally some times in maths you might see more then one way to solve a question, so u go half way through 1 way to see if its feasible to continue and if u will reach the result ur after

HSC
yeah but still, you should write on what youre handing in. effectively youre doing the same question twice, and in the case of 3u maths, there just isnt enough time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)