taken a yr off uni (1 Viewer)

melt18

HSC
i am thinking of taking a year off before going to uni. i would like to travel in Europe and work as a live in nanny. I want 2 do a business degree when i come back. if u have taken a yr off i would love 2 hear wheather u think u did the right thing, or if u traveled in england packpacking i would like 2 know about it too.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i'm currently on my 'year off' and i'm loving it. i work full time, and although the salary isn't great (although i'm getting a 25% pay rise soon) it's taught me so much about money especially, and what its really going to be like in the 'real world'
plus as i'm part of a management team, we all get along so well and the social life is awesome, and i've made some amazing friends.
plus its also good to just get away from the study for a while - and although some people say that they wouldn't take a year off because they wouldn't be motivated to work after a year, i believe it's done the opposite for me - i can't wait to get to uni!
i really reccomend taking a year off... but thats just me, maybe you should speak to some others first too!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I would have loved to have taken a year off... unfortunately my parents didn't like the idea too much. Even now in my second year I still think I would have been better off taking a year off to travel etc.. I think some people are ready to head straight to uni after the HSC whilst others need some sort of break..
I would highly recommend taking the year off! thats just my opinion.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
DO IT!!!! I came to uni straight from high school and i regret that(mainly due to the fact that i was 17 for half of first year) I strongly reccomend that you go out and have some fun before starting the uni thing

L

lucky

Breaks are for the weak...

MuahahHAHAHHAHahah... jks jks..

take the option that u fink its right for you..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)