• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Taj al-Din al-Hilali tells "Christian women to wear veils" (1 Viewer)

Aryanbeauty

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
lol.... Um are you an idiot. Why would he blow himself up for the purpose of killing his own people. You've misinterpreted the intention. He would've blew himself up to kill the enemy, say that instead.
So you are saying shite and sunni arabs are mortal enemies, since 99% of arab suicide bombers killed muslims, not american soldiers.

The books don't come with a map honey. Israel might be given to the jews, but initially the land they now own wasn't theirs, it was acquired after they migrated in. Which now is part of Israel. =]
The Bible has a map at the end which shows lands assigned to 11 Israeli tribes by God. which include all of the lands owned by Israel plus Jordan, Lebanon and Southern Syria. I believe a good muslim should cede those lands to jews since your own Quran said that its given to jews.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Two questions, first: Do you believe that Judaism is true? Do you believe that, because of their lack of faith, non-Jews may somehow suffer in either this life or after it?
Two question: Do you believe that Islam is true? Do you believe that because of lack of faith all non muslims are kaffir and should be converted into Islam and those who are unwilling to convert must be killed?

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
As previously said, a Non-Jew, according to Jewish law and tradition must only follow the 7 Noachide Laws, whilst a Jew must observe the 613 Mitzvot.

Now you tell me who is the more burdened and hence more inclined to "suffer"?

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
JaredR said:
As previously said, a Non-Jew, according to Jewish law and tradition must only follow the 7 Noachide Laws, whilst a Jew must observe the 613 Mitzvot.

Now you tell me who is the more burdened and hence more inclined to "suffer"?
What about someone who deosn't give a fuck about religion full stop?
Do you codemn them to hell and throw pitch forks at them?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
The 7 laws are:

Do not murder.
Do not steal.
Do not worship false gods.
Do not be sexually immoral.
Do not eat a limb removed from a live animal.
Do not curse God.
Set up courts and bring offenders to justice.

Most people religious or irreligious would be inclined to follow these out of their own moral upbringing.

So if an irreligious person commits any of the above offences then they will have some answering to do! I can safely say that Christians and Muslims would think the same.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
The books don't come with a map honey. Israel might be given to the jews, but initially the land they now own wasn't theirs, it was acquired after they migrated in. Which now is part of Israel. =]
Actually, I believe all three religious texts have rough maps and specifically describe the areas in question.

Not to mention that yeah they migrated there... thousands of years ago.

beentherdunthat said:
He was allergic to idiots like you.
Nah, I'm pretty sure TacoTerrorist was allergic to logic.

X

xeuyrawp

Aryanbeauty said:
Two question: Do you believe that Islam is true? Do you believe that because of lack of faith all non muslims are kaffir and should be converted into Islam and those who are unwilling to convert must be killed?
Um, no. Now please explain why you asked me that.

writer'sblock

HSC
Modesty- "Moderation in one's actions or appearance, not wishing to attract undue attention to oneself; Downplaying one's accomplishments; False or Sham modesty."
Moderate for a particular situation, or social construct. Now since this has been established, we can see it applys to the each individual cultural clique. Therefore the way in which one would display "modesty" in say, the Vatican, or the Hermitage would be vastly differing to a pub, night-club, beach, park, cafe, at home or a place where the stituation would call for a more liberal behaviour.
The notion of liberalism bearly exists in the muslim world; and, thus, there is no variable in their definition of "modest." It is a constant, a facist idea and idol.
In precis, a liberal democracy can't funtion correctly if the populous doesn't understand the mere idea of a liberalised government and other perspective; democracy functions on liberal ideas, facist religion shouldn't be allowed to partake if they don't see that the variable in the definement of "modest."

writer'sblock

HSC
JaredR said:
The 7 laws are:

Do not murder.
Do not steal.
Do not worship false gods.
Do not be sexually immoral.
Do not eat a limb removed from a live animal.
Do not curse God.
Set up courts and bring offenders to justice.

Most people religious or irreligious would be inclined to follow these out of their own moral upbringing.

So if an irreligious person commits any of the above offences then they will have some answering to do! I can safely say that Christians and Muslims would think the same.
Define "immoral."
Everything applys; the differing social constructs makes everything a variable.
So all animals which are alive you cannot eat; issue here, when meat is nolonger alive it is rotting. Therefore, all people of the islamic variety should be only eating greens. I doubt that is the exact wording, translated, but if that is the case there is a massive hole in their diet.
When it is published, I may read it, I'm not that ignorante, and if it is as poorly written with arguements with more holes than a sieve, there might be the blood of a Sus Suinae in Lakemba. No?

X

xeuyrawp

If you're making a semantic argument, at least comment with regards for the original language. Furthermore, if you want to make any legal comment about religious guidelines, then you are silly.

Legal guidelines need to be exact, so people know how to act. Religious guidelines need to be discussable, so people actually think about how and why they act, or should act.

Problem is that a lot of religious texts have mixed legal and religious guidelines, simply because religion and the law were the same. So you have legal guidelines (specific to a context, namely c.1000BC in the ancient Near East) which date extraordinarily quickly, and yet are not updated because idiots think that these are indeed religious guidelines (which should be ageless).

If people read their religious texts critically, they'd realise that whilst there is a lot to gain from them, a lot is simply irrelevant myths, fables, and stories of which some parts may or may not have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Pwar is pretty much the only smart person in this thread.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
writer'sblock said:
Define "immoral."
Everything applys; the differing social constructs makes everything a variable.
So all animals which are alive you cannot eat; issue here, when meat is nolonger alive it is rotting. Therefore, all people of the islamic variety should be only eating greens. I doubt that is the exact wording, translated, but if that is the case there is a massive hole in their diet.
When it is published, I may read it, I'm not that ignorante, and if it is as poorly written with arguements with more holes than a sieve, there might be the blood of a Sus Suinae in Lakemba. No?
Press edit.
Press quote tags.

THEN FUCKING LEARN HOW TO DOUBLE QUOTE you retard you don't deserve that post count for double posting.

You are ignorate to start with. I'm with scarybunny.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
No, the law actually stipulates that you don't eat the limb of a creature torn whilst it is still living. i.e. animal cruelty. Therefore if you're to consume meat it must be slaughtered first.

It also stipulates that one should not eat or drink the blood of an animal nor to eat the carcas of a dead animal - most practise this for the simple sake of hygeine.

So it is more reasonable than you originally thought.

Gay Captain

HSC
The Muslims are spot on about Christians in 2 ways;

at least the Muslims believe and follow what their book says, and

Paul pretty much made it all up himself.

Problem is that a lot of religious texts have mixed legal and religious guidelines, simply because religion and the law were the same. So you have legal guidelines (specific to a context, namely c.1000BC in the ancient Near East) which date extraordinarily quickly, and yet are not updated because idiots think that these are indeed religious guidelines (which should be ageless).
You might use bigger words than say the american fundies when you decide which parts are religious guidelines and which parts are outdated laws, but how do you know you're right and they're wrong? :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Gay Captain said:
Paul pretty much made it all up himself.
Are you talking about the Paul the disciple of Jesus who was the first Pope?

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Paul of Tarsus categorically was not the first pope

The first pope was St Peter "The rock upon which I shall build my church".

You stupid non-Catholics, with your perverted religious ideas and nonsensical conclusions.
Um I think the guy is Catholic.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Um, no. Now please explain why you asked me that.
That was a rhetorical question to what just asked me.

Basically, you are criticising judaism because jews would not spread judaism with forced conversion, threat of rape, murder, wholesale massacre and intimidation, racism, discriminatory taxation etc. which are used by muslims to spread their religion?

X

xeuyrawp

lyounamu said:
Are you talking about the Paul the disciple of Jesus who was the first Pope?
Paul wasn't one of the twelve disciples... He never met Jesus. He turned a religion of life into one of death.

Schroedinger said:
Christ said not to alter one iota of the previous writings and that all of the laws previous to him still held.

He has a very valid point.
I think it's pretty clear that you consistently show you don't know much about Biblical scholarship, mate. Sorry, but maybe stop trying? :p

There are volumes of discussions about (broadly) antinomianism and other theological/normative issues, which question the place of the Old Testament in Christian norms.

These issues were raging during Jesus' life. I can assue you that Jesus was highly critical of what have now become part of the Old Testament laws. See, for example Mark 7:7, and that's just off the top of my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)