TAFE and UAI. (1 Viewer)

leathaface

I am currently doing Certificate IV in Advertising at TAFE Ultimo, and the course ends in december, with the option to move onto Diploma.

Anyways I want to go into a good university other then Western Sydney and I've made enquires about the subject of transfering to uni with my current qualifications, university forums (Maquarie one) has told me that I can only apply via UAI, I've yet to enquire to other universities such as UTS about a procedure of entering uni.

Currently I've got two assessments back, and one of my modules have already earned me a distinction with a mark of 86%. The other module so far has the mark of 81% with a test soon to follow. I'm aiming for distinction average with a few credits.

I've a few questions to ask...

Does TAFE marks get scales up and down like high school ? (I've also done my HSC, but I'm not going to use that since I've a low UaI of 67.5%)

If I want to do a course at UMAQ in Commerce Advertising or Economics (since some of its contents I've already tocuhed on in TAFE). This course at uni would be Marketing, will the uni take that into consideration if I have a TAFE mark average of say... something like 86%?

A credit average can earn you a good chance at uni yeah? Well not a 90% guarrentee but a good chance.

Thanks.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
i duno much but id say that they wud take the 85% into consideration. yes a good credit average helps heaps. u hav to talk to the university about it... ring them and ask. u can go to uni without a uai at all these days so long it just adds a year or 2 onto ur studies if u start at tafe etc... good luck

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You can use <a href="/other/find7.pdf">this document</a> to convert your TAFE grades to a selection rank (the equivalent of a UAI).

This is what will be used to assess you instead of your UAI if you apply via UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)