tablet PC to write notes on powerpoint (1 Viewer)

Doomah

HSC
hi, looking for a tablet pc, so i can use a stylus to write on the powerpoint notes.

this will save me from having to print out lecture notes.

anyone recommend a good tablet pc to do the job?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Have you considered the HP Tx2? Im getting one myself for christmas :skip:

Its more laptop then tablet pc, but it has all the features you are looking for. You can get them on ebay or online sites very cheap.

Doomah

HSC
have you tested the pen features? does it write in powerpoint and on pdf files easy? and hows the battery life on one of those? thx

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I havent actually got to use it much yet, they sometimes have them on display at JB Hi-fi have a look there. The pen has some cool features though, you dont even have to actually touch the screen you can press a button and point (i think, some guy was demonstrating) also its multi touch so you can iPhone style finger things (apparently those features arent so great).

You'd have to look up more about pen though, i think you can get it on Windows 7 now and Win7s meant to have lots of cool tablet and touch screen features. I think it has around 3.5 hours of battery time with the defualt batery, but you can get better batteries and the guy i bought mine off lets you customise it as much as you like including the type of battery.

If you have tons of cash though, maybe consider getting a Fujitsu tablet? Everyone seems to agree they are the best. They cost a lot and specs arent good though. Another option would be to get one of the newer Atom-based netbook tablets which are a lot like the hp tx2 only cheaper with netbook specs.

dolbinau

HSC
Apple are rumoured to release a Tablet next year...(based on the iPhone OS though).

You may want to wait, as it could be the next 'big thing'.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I wouldnt bother with it, if its based on iphone os you wouldnt be able to do stuff with powerpoint. Sounds like a big ipod touch to me.

dolbinau

HSC
I wouldnt bother with it, if its based on iphone os you wouldnt be able to do stuff with powerpoint. Sounds like a big ipod touch to me.
I doubt Apple are stupid enough to make it as functional (or lackthereof) as an iPod Touch..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I doubt Apple are stupid enough to make it as functional (or lackthereof) as an iPod Touch..
Doubt it. As long as it has the apple logo people will buy it. The iPhone wasnt very functional before the release of the App Store, yet tons of Americans purchased original iPhones.

dolbinau

HSC
True. Perhaps we'll have to wait until 2011 then for a software update :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)