T1 and T2 weighted (MRI)? (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
How much do we really need to know about this T1 and T2 business... Jacaranda goes into quite some detail, and looking through notes of past students, they barely touch the finer details of T1 and T2 weighting.. can anyone enlighten me?

kheir

HSC
eh booooooosit tru dat za its juss like d hox genes section in bio juss pray all of mri isnt in der

snoopwogg

HSC
Eh, there isnt a specific dotpoint for it is there? haha yeah kheir hope they ask details about PET or x-rays and theres a 8 mark effects on society question! :D

tempco

HSC
LOL

shouldnt have let you in my house.

BTW, it's:

Life is given as a trust.
Don't waste it away. Use your time well. You'll have to pay for it later. Some pay for it till they're 65 yr old.

ashtor

HSC
lol snoop you came from his anus, and you came from your mum...

tempco

HSC
This is all you have to know, according to Charles Sturt notes:

- ‘Relaxation’ is the name of the processes whereby the nuclei return to random, out of phase, precession. There are two relaxation processes, termed T1 and T2.

- Spin-lattice relaxation, T1, happens as the nuclei transfer energy quanta to the nearby molecular lattice.

- Spin-spin relaxation, T2, happens as nuclei transfer energy quanta between each other.

- In biological tissues only spins in the ‘free water pool’ contribute to the measurable MR signal whereas spins in ‘bound water’ do not.

snoopwogg

HSC
nekkid said:
This is all you have to know, according to Charles Sturt notes:

- ‘Relaxation’ is the name of the processes whereby the nuclei return to random, out of phase, precession. There are two relaxation processes, termed T1 and T2.

- Spin-lattice relaxation, T1, happens as the nuclei transfer energy quanta to the nearby molecular lattice.

- Spin-spin relaxation, T2, happens as nuclei transfer energy quanta between each other.

- In biological tissues only spins in the ‘free water pool’ contribute to the measurable MR signal whereas spins in ‘bound water’ do not.

What has giving off energy to the nearby "molecular lattice" got to do with the measure of MR and how and what the hell is it :S i have a headache. Isnt MRI the detection of the energy givin off by the neucleons when they relax? So why do we need to know where the energy goes? And also, if the energy is given to the molecular lattice, by that im assuming nearby tissues, wouldnt it affect cellular processes? I dont get it and i manage to do well witout knowing it lol. HELP

ashtor

HSC
molecular lattice...tissue...cellular processes...bound water...free water pool...energy quanta...precession frequency...WTF?!?

snoopwogg

HSC
Listen here ashtor, u know what precession frequency is. U probably know more than what i and nekkid know put together, seeing as you topped our grade. Maybe you can enlighten us?

ashtor

HSC
obviously i know what precession frequency is, but this water pool balloot energy transfer watever the hell yousre talkin about i got no idea mate...can sum1 who knows what theyre talkin about now please answer (ie, not za, kheir, snoopwogg, nekkid, wahashtini, mr eazi or ontherun)

snoopwogg

HSC
....yeah! thatd be a good idea. But if the guy who topped all teh subjects he attempted this year doesnt know... who does? :worried:

snoopwogg

HSC
Tha cheery weird doood that always comes up with the weird facts and knows something about everything. The one who sits next to me in class.. the one they call ELIAS... did u know ultrasound can be used as a vibrator? He told me that :D

wahashtini

lek ayreez ur all arguing but wtf is the question??? (have i enlightened u with my words of wisdom.. thanku, dont mention it.)

tempco

HSC
snoopwogg said:
Tha cheery weird doood that always comes up with the weird facts and knows something about everything. The one who sits next to me in class.. the one they call ELIAS... did u know ultrasound can be used as a vibrator? He told me that :D
OMG o_____________O

ok cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)