system cooling (1 Viewer)

dodgyfilokid

HSC
hey there,

im just wondering is it possible to cool your system using two 80mm fans at the back of the case since this is exactly what im facing. im gunna upgrade my system soon as my refund lands onto my bank account. the thing is the front of the case dusnt have any fan grill or fan attachment of some sort but on the back there are two fan grils. ive used up one already and the fan there is the intake ( i think) since when ive ran my system with the case panels open, i feel the air on the inside of the case not on the outside. so yer if you guys could help me out wit this one it wuld be appreciated :)

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Cold air in -> cool air over component -> air becomes warm, component loses that heat to air -> warm air out.

Basically. two 80mm fans at the back would be an exhaust. You need air coming in to balance that.

Why not use 120mm? They move more air and are quieter.

DJel

HSC
Maybe his case doesn't have any front fan bracket? You could always consider saving some more money and buying a new case with, as Excalibur said, a couple of 120mm fans which would provide better airflow. With your current case what sort of ventilation does it have apart from the two 80mm fans? (E.g. ventilation holes)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I would suggest making a blowhole. PCpowerplay had a tutorial on cooling a while ago. Another thing you can do is use peices of cardboard in your case to funnel cool air over key components, basically making your cooling system more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)