Syntax for anaphora (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Hey, I have the anaphora in “A barrier of suspicion. A barrier of rejection. A barrier of fear of deception.", but is it fine (because I have said anaphora) to just phrase it as “A barrier of suspicion… rejection… fear of deception." - because I have said anaphora does that mean 'a barrier of' is implied for the second two things?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
I probably wouldn't do that, especially if it's a related text, because the quote that you give actually needs to exemplify the technique you give for it

Evertone

HSC
Perhaps you could use the ditto mark to signify a repetition.

i.e. "A barrier of suspicion. (") of rejection. (") of fear of deception."

Drsoccerball

HSC
Hey, I have the anaphora in “A barrier of suspicion. A barrier of rejection. A barrier of fear of deception.", but is it fine (because I have said anaphora) to just phrase it as “A barrier of suspicion… rejection… fear of deception." - because I have said anaphora does that mean 'a barrier of' is implied for the second two things?
No never do that... Your marker reads your technique and looks at your quote and says "Wheres the anaphora" you're trying to prove something to the marker.

HSC
the anaphora of "a barrier of" is used in association with "suspicion", "rejection" and "fear".................
??

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
With the little time you'd save leaving it out, you're better off keeping it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)