syllabus (1 Viewer)

strawbinnie

HSC
in 2019 did the entire advanced syllabus change for all modules?

i'm asking this to see if attempting past papers from years before 2019 are worth it or not.

i should probs consider them regardless for practise lol but what r the major differences in content?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The current English Advanced syllabus constitutes a significant change from the previous syllabus. The differences between the current syllabus and the previous syllabus are as follows:
  • The Common Module was changed from Area of Study that is mostly focused on the concept of discovery to Texts and Human Experiences.
  • Module A remains a comparative study, although its name was changed from Comparative Study of Texts and Context to Textual Conversations. Another significant change is the removal of electives in the current syllabus. In the old syllabus, there were 2 electives for Module A:
    • Elective 1: Intertextual Connections
    • Elective 2: Intertextual Perspectives
With that being said, I would suggest having a look at the 2018 English Advanced Paper 2 as well as the previous syllabus prescriptions and determine whether it would be a good idea to attempt Module A questions.​
  • Module B went through a minor name change from Critical Study of Texts to the current Critical Study of Literature. The more important element here is the changes that were made to the rubric.
  • Not only was the name of Module C changed from Representation and Text to The Craft of Writing, but similar to Module A, the previous Module C entailed 2 electives, being:
    • Elective 1: Representing People and Politics
    • Elective 2: Representing People and Landscapes
This also means that the current Module C is a more practical module that emphasises composition as opposed to analysis and criticism.​
Overall, if you are considering whether you should attempt papers from the previous syllabus (assuming that you attempted all HSC papers that fall under the current syllabus), I would recommend prioritising recent trial papers that you may have not attempted because they assess the same syllabus that your English Advanced HSC exam will assess.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)