Syllabus Question. (1 Viewer)

ShowStopper

HSC
Analyse information to discuss the relationship between theory and the evidence supporting it, using Einstein's predictions based on relativity that were made many years before evidence was available to support it.

How would you go about in answering this question?

Thanks in advance =)

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
Stuff like
though initially it couldnt be confirmed. later on technology showd its predictions to be correct.
e.g. time dilation - mesons, atomic clocks
mass increase - beta decay charge/mass ratio

etc. obviously needs more than this

plus, 6 minute bump???

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
this was the ONE dot point i did not write summary notes for, in the entire course, because i could not find info on it (the stuff about einstein is fine, but the 'relationship between thought and reeality' is just..wierd), plus in all the past papers id looked at, it wasnt anywhere to be seen

anyways, come august, what was one of the 6-markers in my Physics Trial (CSSA Trial, BTW)?

the relationship between thought and reality using one of einstein's thought experiments provided

LOL

Lesson: prepare for EVERY dot point, no matter how wierd it is

BTW: I did end up getting 5/6, while most of teh class got 1's 2's and 3's

i remember the CSSA suggested answer was BULLSH*T anyway

while we're on that point, i remember another stupid question (or rather marking criteria) from that trial - the one about comparing the particle and wave theories of cathode rays - without mentioning Thomson's q/m (charge/mass) ratio, u could only get a max of 2/4, despite the question not explicitly asking for it, just because the marking criteria stipulated this, i mean come on, tell us we need to mention it, and i'll write a bloody essay for u!!!

(end of rant)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)