Sydney Uni Text (1 Viewer)

Mittens-

HSC
Did anyone else get a text from Sydney Uni telling them they had been offered a place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devozzzz

HSC
Offers and text msg

Did you get a text msg the morning of the offers release day. Offers are meant to come out at 9pm but I just got one through txt saying congratulations. Not sure if legitimate?

ww0811

HSC
Re: Offers and text msg

Did you get a text msg the morning of the offers release day. Offers are meant to come out at 9pm but I just got one through txt saying congratulations. Not sure if legitimate?

yes, but dont know which course am i getting in.

top 3 preferences all usyd =.-

ZachyBC

HSC
Uni Grad

A lot of people are getting them, myself included. It's only Sydney Uni that's done it, they've just sent the texts at 9am instead of 9pm. It's the same number I got my offer text from last year (I started uni last year and have transferred)

Devozzzz

HSC

ww0811 hahaha yeah Im in the same situation

jasminemills

HSC
Yep - I got it too. I called USyd and one of the girls on the call desk said it wasn't a legitimate offer, meaning I didn't have an offer.
Not sure if she meant I don't have an offer at all, or that text was not an official offer.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep - I got it too. I called USyd and one of the girls on the call desk said it wasn't a legitimate offer, meaning I didn't have an offer.
Not sure if she meant I don't have an offer at all, or that text was not an official offer.
The text is clearly a mistake. Such a text should have been sent out at the same time the official offers were released.

It's likely you got an offer I think, but the text is not a confirmation of the offer or the offer itself. So it's best to wait until tonight for the actual offers release before getting to excited.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Statement from USYD:

We understand that, due to an error made by a third party service, a number of applicants received an SMS relating to their main-round offer from the University of Sydney. We apologise for this error and any inconvenience and advise all students to check their official offers when they are released by UAC at 9pm AEST.

Mittens-

HSC
Thanks guys for replying, good to know I wasn't the only one, I'm in the same boat as a few if you with my top 3 being all USYD
I do hope it's legit and USYD have just gotten their times wrong (bless them) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)