Sydney Uni Colleges (1 Viewer)

Ezmay

Hey Ultimate, from what you're telling me you're exactly the kind of person that the colleges want - someone who wants to get involved and have a go while still being academically successful. Hey and of course there will be tonnes of time for you to "navigate" around sydney - It's not as if they control every single minute of your life

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
That's reassuring ezmay lol. I just hope I can get in, maybe if there are lots of drop outs because the people already accepted into college may not get a high enough UAI to get into what they want to do. I submitted my applications to Wesley and St. Andrews last week, and am wondering how long it takes them to process the forms?

Ezmay

I can't really remember how long it took them to process the forms. But if you want to hurry them along a little and make sure you get an interview ASAP, just give them a call - what harm can showing a little enthusiasm do?

Jerry Springer

I agree Ezmay, and showing up to your interviews 15 minutes early is also good, as my dad insisted on!
I had an interview at St Johns, and it seems gorgeous, the lady seemed reserved and quiet but it still had a good aura. I think they all do! My friend has been accepted into both Andrews and Johns and she is leaning towards johns at the mo cause she likes how it is all centred in the one building. she's really lucky since their enrolments consist of 2/3 catholics and she isn't.
I had this girl sit in on my wesley interview, she seemed really nice. The st andrews guy was heaps nice, my interview there lasted an hour! I was exhausted after them all! So which college are you going to go to?
thank goodness we only have to do all of that once hey!

Ezmay

Hey Jerry,

I'm not real sure where I want to go yet, I can't really decide between Andrews and Wesley. I'm not sure if I want to keep away from the whole private school crowd at Andrews and go for the more daggy, yet comfortable environment of Wesley. I really don't know what to do - what do you rekon?

So you think you'll end up at John's? From what you say it doesn't seem as bad as what I thought. Anyhow I think my grandfather would kill me even if I thought about applying for a catholic college!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I'm pretty sure that I got into St. Andrews College, cause the headmaster their gave me a personal phone call that lasted for 15 minutes and stated that "i'm very pleased with what I see".

I'm still seeing him for an interview in early january as I attend the sydney uni open day.

Jerry Springer

I dunno Ezmay.........they both seem like nice colleges. But I agree with you, Wesley does seem more relaxed and comfortable, but Andrews has a very nice, 'private' feel to it. I would have a tough time deciding, I mean it's great you can actually choose! Wesley is huge on sport so I guess if you're that way inclined it would be great, but then you hear about the drunked riot stories in Wesley, so I dunno. I don't really have a fixed opinion on any of the colleges. I don't think I'll get into any; they all say to you 'thankyou for applying, we're pleased with your application' mesh blah but you can't really tell hey!

Ezmay

I'm sure you'll get into one of the colleges Jerry, if I can than so can anybody! I mean I'm a little public school girl and I got offered a place at Andrew's! I wouldn't worry too much, and if you don't get in there are heaps of other hostel type places that I've had a look at that seem pretty darn good!

I've finally made a decision, I think I'll go with Wesley. I hope I've made the right choice!

Jerry Springer

good choice ezmay, good for you! it must be a relief to know you have somewhere to stay! only have to wait for our lovely results on thursdaya and friday, which isn't really on my mind at the moment, don't really care!
i have gotten in at unsw, so maybe i'll end up there! who knows, i love not knowing though. keeps the apprehension going

Ezmay

I'm glad someone is enjoying not knowing. Actually I'm not really all that bothered, which is a bit weird. It is my dad who is counting down how many sleeps are left and that sort of thing instead! (that has me a little worried)

I've decided I'm not going to look at my results on thursday, what happens if I'm dissapointed or really happy and end up expecting a certain UAI and being wrong? I think I'll look at my uai first on friday and then my results. After all it is the uai I'm really concerned about. Am I being completely mad?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i've applied for andrews, had my interview last week

the reason i've only applied for andrews is i'm actually interested in studying @ UTS and they don't have any colleges, and andrews lets you study @ UTS (they allow in a few UTS and UNSW students every year)

Katiemae

Oscar Myer Wiener
HSC
I just hung up from my phone interview for wesley! scary! the guy was really nice and he asked me some hardish questions but i think i did ok... he laughed a bit... which is always good! Wesley has 85 openings and 300 applicants...he said my letter would be sent on friday saying yes, no or maybe. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)