Sydney Tsunami (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It is extremely unlikely that Sydney will ever have an Earthquake of magnitude 9.5 EVER.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It is extremely unlikely that Sydney will ever have an Earthquake of magnitude 9.5 EVER.
Given current tectonic plate positions it is fairly unlikely for these to cause an earthquake. Although if you research some of the technology the US is likely to have to possess (mostly circumstantial evidence only though albeit) it is always possible weaponry exists to produce/induce earthquakes or other disasters.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, I live in campbelltown, so as long as it happens whilst I'm not at uni I'll be fine.

Not sure about everyone else/infrastructure but meh.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Given current tectonic plate positions it is fairly unlikely for these to cause an earthquake. Although if you research some of the technology the US is likely to have to possess (mostly circumstantial evidence only though albeit) it is always possible weaponry exists to produce/induce earthquakes or other disasters.
an earthquake at Sydney would hardly cause a tsunami that would hit Sydney hard. It would most-likely hit elsewhere around the area much harsher.

inJust

HSC
Apparently it's going to hit 100km inland? Fuck, western sydney isn't far in land enough.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently it's going to hit 100km inland? Fuck, western sydney isn't far in land enough.
impossibru

Also, I'm pretty sure the military base will do something about it before it gets passed them and to me.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Earthquakes can occur at ANY place around the world, some places like California and Japan just have a higher frequency. Also there seems to be a tectonic plate boundary in the Tasman Sea so a tsunami is possible imo.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Earthquakes can occur at ANY place around the world, some places like California and Japan just have a higher frequency. Also there seems to be a tectonic plate boundary in the Tasman Sea so a tsunami is possible imo.
not impossible.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
The wave would have to be on the order of kilometers to reach that far inland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)