Sydney Swans:( how disappointing (1 Viewer)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i went to the game last night, the crowd was great, if only it hadnt rained. the swans cant handle the wet like the victorian teams. sooo frustrating!

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I know..........cos we never get rain up here during the games..................unlike Victorian weather................

When there was 12 minutes on the clock and they were 2 goals down I thought shit we've got a chance...............

We didnt get enough ball........we spent most of the game inside Collingwoods 50.........

is a roflcopter
HSC
i heard the crowd was crazy
like full stadium even when it was raining hehe

ah well

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
man, yeah that was a disspointing game man... we played good though! we caught up really quick... and they didnt win by that much!!

ah well..

Generator

HSC
N/A
I think that the worst part is that we actually have an AFL team in Sydney!

Generator

HSC
N/A
I just don't like AFL.
I have always seen it as a Victorian sport, not a national game.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
AFL's still more of a national game than Rugby League though

Of course nothing comes close to FOOTBALL, THE WORLD GAME

SydneySwan

woohoo!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
I just don't like AFL.
I have always seen it as a Victorian sport, not a national game.
Originally posted by Suvat
AFL's still more of a national game than Rugby League though
I agree with Suvat. Many New South Welshmen find AFL, or GayFL as some would like to call it, a Victorian sport. But when you actually look at it on the wider scale, you would find that this is more national than you think. For instance, say the NRL comp. We have...the Knights, Panthers, Sharks, Bulldogs...and so on. These are mainly located within NSW. The only interstate teams are: the Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Warriors and Raiders. The only states involved in the comp. would be NSW, Qld, Melbourne, and ACT (if you must).

On the contrary, AFL is a much more widespread game. It ranges from teams in Qld, to NSW, to Melbourne, to South Australia, and all the way west to our mates in Western Australia. If this is considered as a 'Victorian' sport, then I beg to differ.

Cheerio

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i'm working at the game at the telstra stadium today....i'm strangely excited about working today...

thehalford

Watched the prelim against Brissy - what a bugger, I thought we were in with a shot at the last change. Just hope they give Collingwood a right good thumping in the GF.

Go Carlton for next year. Pagan all the way

GJ_JOE

blood brother
the brissy fans were being such smartarses after the game....being in sydney, i admire that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)