Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
DRAGONZ - I was in Bay 4, up the opposite end, joining in about 100 swans fans taunting the cats group "go home geelong go home!"
they were so pissed off!

But yeah, Sydney played unbelievably bad in the first 3 quarters, but the thing is they play so much better than that - look at last week, and the last couple of weeks. Hopefully they'll regain some of that form next week.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
afl can suck my ass! nrl? now thats a real man sport!!!!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Minai said:
DRAGONZ -

But yeah, Sydney played unbelievably bad in the first 3 quarters, but the thing is they play so much better than that - .
No they dont, not against the good teams. They'll flood like all buggery this week and Roos will have 12 rovers to choke the stoppages. But it wont stop the saints.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
krabby_me said:
Geelong should have won that game. The timers were waiting for Sydney to kick a goal. It a bit of a coincidence that the siren went just after the bounce.
Even though we lost we are still better than Sydney. We were a much better team that day, and Sydney won on pure luck. I hope that get thrashed next week by the saints.
Geelong is clearly better.
Lol, no the timers weren't wrong - the clock is computerised but manually stopped during stoppages. On t.v. they don't show the countdown - only a five minute warning followed by a count up into 20+ minutes.

Yep, Sydney did win on pure luck. With hundreds around the ball, it was virtually ping-pong for the last 10 minutes, and some swans players were lucky enough to free themselves for runs (*remembers crouch doing so). Davis's shot from the boundary was awesome, but it was a fluke, and there were a couple of holding the balls that the umps didn't give - just to keep flow of play. Davis was very lucky to find the ball in those dying seconds, given that the sydney ruckman lost the hit-out. Bad luck for geelong, - a goal away from the big one last year, and so close this year. They are better and would have won comfortably in melbourne but thats footy. :) Im not a cats fan but i also hope the swans get smashed.

mcbec

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
No they dont, not against the good teams. They'll flood like all buggery this week and Roos will have 12 rovers to choke the stoppages. But it wont stop the saints.
well u obviously dont know much of Sydney's reputation - we usually beat all the good teams and lose to the crap ones - however this year we've beaten the majority of both the good AND the crap teams!!

and by the way, Sydney may have won on pure luck, but guess what matters in the end??? THE SCORE, so suck it up!!

oh and also, for all Swans supporters - who reckons big bad Barry (Hall) needs a big bad hiding, and some tips from Nick Davis?! And maybe a demotion from being captain too??

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
mcbec said:
well u obviously dont know much of Sydney's reputation - we usually beat all the good teams and lose to the crap ones - however this year we've beaten the majority of both the good AND the crap teams!!

and by the way, Sydney may have won on pure luck, but guess what matters in the end??? THE SCORE, so suck it up!!

oh and also, for all Swans supporters - who reckons big bad Barry (Hall) needs a big bad hiding, and some tips from Nick Davis?! And maybe a demotion from being captain too??
you should go back to the kitchen

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
mcbec said:
Playing a good team in the finals is purely different. You'll see that come friday. Hall wont have a big impact because Paul Roos knows his team hasn't got the strength of st kilda and will flood - meaning the ball won't come to Hall quick enough. Too many swans around the ruck = too many stoppages = Dal Santo, Ball, Harvey, Hayes, Reiwoldt, Milne etc will eat them alive.

BTW. Sydney hasn't won a final at the MCG for 70 years.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Playing a good team in the finals is purely different. You'll see that come friday. Hall wont have a big impact because Paul Roos knows his team hasn't got the strength of st kilda and will flood - meaning the ball won't come to Hall quick enough. Too many swans around the ruck = too many stoppages = Dal Santo, Ball, Harvey, Hayes, Reiwoldt, Milne etc will eat them alive.

BTW. Sydney hasn't won a final at the MCG for 70 years.
'Sydney Swans' have never won a final. I don't think its fare to compare them to their old team equivelant.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Sydney won a game that was supposedly unwinnable, and on their performance, who could've doubted such a claim. However, the entire side showed vast amounts of perseverence and desperation which Geelong lost in that last quarter.

The winning play for mine, was a mere 1 percenter by Luke Ablett, who kept the ball in play in the dying seconds which led to the infamous ball-up. There were probably 10 or 12 of these depserate 1 percenters by the swans players in the last quarter which essentially provided fuel for the victory. The game typified the notion that the 1 percenters are what wins the matches for teams......so whilst Nick Davis kciked a miraculous goal, he wouldntve had that opportunity if Luke Ablett handtve kept the ball in play...

No doubts that they will give St. Kilda a run for their money on friday night...The midfielders definately must be on the game to limit the inside 50's, thats where it will be won or lost....as for the flag, lets get past this week first...

Up the swans...!!

mcbec

HSC
frog12986 said:
The winning play for mine, was a mere 1 percenter by Luke Ablett, who kept the ball in play in the dying seconds which led to the infamous ball-up. There were probably 10 or 12 of these depserate 1 percenters by the swans players in the last quarter which essentially provided fuel for the victory. The game typified the notion that the 1 percenters are what wins the matches for teams......so whilst Nick Davis kciked a miraculous goal, he wouldntve had that opportunity if Luke Ablett handtve kept the ball in play...
thats so true... those small moments when a player is able to lead to their team's possession is what determines the outcome of the match. i also reckon that ablett is just as much a hero of last friday as davis... i also reckon davis had some luck with him too when he kicked that last goal.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
ST KILDA
B: Voss, Hudghton, Baker
HB: R.Clarke, Maguire, Goddard
C: Montagna, Ball, Jones
HF: Milne, Riewoldt, Dal Santo
F: Thompson, Gehrig, Harvey
FOLL: Ackland, Powell, Hayes
I/C: Guerra, Fiora, Blake, Gwilt
EMG: Gram, Stone, McGough
IN: Goddard, Hudghton, Maguire, Fiora
OUT: Peckett (hamstring), S.Fisher (foot), Hamill (calf), Ferguson

SYDNEY
B: Crouch, Barry, C.Bolton
HB: Mathews, Roberts-Thomson, Kennelly
C: Davis, Goodes, Dempster
HF: O'Keefe, Hall, Bolton
F: Williams, O'Loughlin, Buchanan
FOLL: Jolly, Kirk, Ablett
I/C: Ball, Bevan, Fosdike, Schneider
EMG: Malceski, Schauble, Vogels

The Saints shit all over Sydney in every single match up. That is except for ruck where Jolly is in better form than Ackland. Hudghton and Maguire should stop any chance Hall might have, although a change in the swans game plan might help. Sydney need to kick it long to their forward line, or theyre fucked.
Saints by 39 points.

Durbo

HSC
Hell yeah swans

Swans to wine for sure once there done with St kilda they're comin straight for west coast in the grand finals and when they do im guna be in melb (thanx parents) :cool:

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
The Saints shit all over Sydney in every single match up. That is except for ruck where Jolly is in better form than Ackland. Hudghton and Maguire should stop any chance Hall might have, although a change in the swans game plan might help. Sydney need to kick it long to their forward line, or theyre fucked.
Saints by 39 points.
No way, if Saints win it will probably be a tight one - I have a feeling Saints might struggle tonight ...
With Hamil, Fisher and Peckett out (don't know how Maguire and Hudghton will go) Swans have a very good chance tonight. :eek: :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)