Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (1 Viewer)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Scunging, scraggling and flooding.

Swans back to their ugly, ugly best.

Next time i go to a swans game i'm dressin me up as a boat!

They deserved to lose last night. The bad thing is, we've gotta put up with another ugly, ugly swans game next week. Oh well, spose the consolation is it'll hopefully be their last game this year.

vwola

HSC
Smokey_22 said:

They deserved to lose last night. The bad thing is, we've gotta put up with another ugly, ugly swans game next week. Oh well, spose the consolation is it'll hopefully be their last game this year.

Well that's their style of footy, and it got them to 3rd place didn't it? btw Smokey_22 who do you go for?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Smokey_22 said:

How would you rate West Coast's game then?
It was a pretty close match and the swans are playing pretty well to be that close to probably the most dominating team this year. They'll beat Melbourne or Geelong next week, and they should beat either Adelaide or St Kilda for a rematch with the Eagles in the grand final :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
it looks like they're gonna play Geelong...My prediction is swans will beat geelong, but tehy'll unfortunately be defeated by St Kilda/Adelaide...but i hope they go thru to teh final against west coast...actually west coast aren't in the final for sure, tehy could be upset, we saw last night that nearly happened...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Smokey_22 said:

Hey buddy,

Care to tell us how you would coached Syndey last night in the face of the pressure we sustained in the first 15 minutes?

Go on. I dare you to tell me that we should have played open footy straight through the corridor.

Or perhaps you just forget that Subiaco, in being twice the size of the SCG, doesn't allow us to totally bypass the midfield with quick counters from defence straight through to leading Hall, Davis and O'Loughlin.

Last night, three things contributed to our loss:

1 - Barry Hall played his third terrible game against West Coast for the season. Darren Glass has it all over him, and he has to think of something else should we meet WCE on grand final day.

2 - Adam Schneider missed everything from 30 metres, straight in front in the first quarter, and LRT gave West Coast our biggest clanger of the season, gifting Hunter (I think it was ... perhaps Chick) a goal. That's a 12 point turnaround.

3 - Tyson Stenglein cheated to get his free kick (shitty umpiring), costing a goal. Goodes was legged and wasn't given a free kick 30 metres out, costing us a goal. Yet again, another 12 point turnaround.

Even the AFL site admits the umpiring throughout the match was comical. Luckily for us, Paul Roos copped it on the chin.

Can't wait for Geelong next week.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
noooooooo...i cant belive we lost...and only by 4 points...why couldn't hall kick another goal...damn him... :( ...are we like not in the finals no more...coz that sucks majorly :(

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
tasha1188 said:
noooooooo...i cant belive we lost...and only by 4 points...why couldn't hall kick another goal...damn him... :( ...are we like not in the finals no more...coz that sucks majorly :(
LOL.

Do you really have THAT limited an idea of how the Finals' system works? If so, hahahahaha.

Sydney are playing Geelong at Telstra Stadium in Week 2 of the Finals.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
DRAGONZ i agree with your analysis...that was why I was pissed off...but that stuff is just unlucky...i really want the swans to make the grand final, who knows this defeat may even be good for them in some way...

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hey buddy,

Care to tell us how you would coached Syndey last night in the face of the pressure we sustained in the first 15 minutes?

Go on. I dare you to tell me that we should have played open footy straight through the corridor.

Or perhaps you just forget that Subiaco, in being twice the size of the SCG, doesn't allow us to totally bypass the midfield with quick counters from defence straight through to leading Hall, Davis and O'Loughlin..
The only way to beat West coast is through quick play, man-on man defense, and mostly - pressure. Subiaco is only 20 metres longer than SCG and yes, when you have forwards such as hall and co. you GET IT TO THEM QUICKLY. You do this by kicking LONG, kicking FORWARD, and not wasting time with 12 rovers in defense (aka flooding) and handballing 4 times and running with the ball. Unfortunately that is Paul Roos's style (being a stalward defender in his day - coaches coach to their game). This game is negative, ugly and puts a black mark on the game - even admitted by the afl ceo.
West Coasts only convinsing losses this year have come from this positive style of game - Collingwood, Footscray, the Cats, and also Sydney - when they showed a good patch of positive football.

DRAGONZ said:
Last night, three things contributed to our loss:

1 - Barry Hall played his third terrible game against West Coast for the season. Darren Glass has it all over him, and he has to think of something else should we meet WCE on grand final day.

2 - Adam Schneider missed everything from 30 metres, straight in front in the first quarter, and LRT gave West Coast our biggest clanger of the season, gifting Hunter (I think it was ... perhaps Chick) a goal. That's a 12 point turnaround.

3 - Tyson Stenglein cheated to get his free kick (shitty umpiring), costing a goal. Goodes was legged and wasn't given a free kick 30 metres out, costing us a goal. Yet again, another 12 point turnaround.

Even the AFL site admits the umpiring throughout the match was comical. Luckily for us, Paul Roos copped it on the chin.

Can't wait for Geelong next week.
1, Barry Hall had a terrible game because the swans had terrible tactics. If you put 15 of your 18 players behind the ball, how are you going to give it to your gun forward? You run with the ball, and kick it when you reach half-forward. This takes much more time than kicking it long and direct, and gives players like Darren Glass time to react to clangers. No wonder Hall was pissed off. Its a credit to him that hes a great team man, for if he played for most other clubs he'd have 100 goals by now. He's against the best fullback in the league this week (scarlet)- so don't count on him.

2, Yeah, there were missed chances - but thats footy. The other team had some as well.

3. Cheated, lol, no he FEIGNED - which turned out to be a useful play, seeing that the umpire misread what happened. Goodes was legged, but from the boundary wouldn't have been goaled.

I can vouch for the swans having the same tactics next week against geelong, and its sad, because sydney fans probably deserve better than the tripe the footy players put out.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Are the swans playing Geelong at SCG? If thats the case i doubt theyd flood so much...well lets hope not anyway

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be there
hopefully the SCG crowd will create a "house of pain" style atmosphere as in Subiaco

vwola

HSC
NICK DAVIS....DEADSET LEGEND!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart was pumping like there was no tomorrow...and i hit me leg on a chair when they won.....it hurts.....BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

GO SWANS!!!!

ballistic_nerd

Wannabe Pro Gamer
HSC
vwola said:
NICK DAVIS....DEADSET LEGEND!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart was pumping like there was no tomorrow...and i hit me leg on a chair when they won.....it hurts.....BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

GO SWANS!!!!
LOL... i seriously can't believe that you did that.

but anyways,
w000000000000000t!!!!!!!
go the swans!

HSC
hahha OMFG WHAT A WIN!!! I just finished work (in a bar) and the whole bars just screaming.. lol it was rad

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Omg What A Win Davis You Bloody Beauty !!!
What A Win !!!
Premiership Here We Come !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)