Sydney Rovers FC (1 Viewer)

kypros1992

HSC
If the FFA creates the Sydney Rovers as the second Sydney team for the A-League in 2011, would you support it?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
needs to be called west sydney imo

and the name sounds like some 3rd division english team... needs to appeal to the effnics moar

oobee007

HSC
If the FFA creates the Sydney Rovers as the second Sydney team for the A-League in 2011, would you support it?
I will, never really followed sydney fc, even though they train semi close to my house they play games all the way on the other side of the city, hopefully the rovers will play at ANZ stadium

Roy9

HSC
I will, never really followed sydney fc, even though they train semi close to my house they play games all the way on the other side of the city, hopefully the rovers will play at ANZ stadium
Terrible idea... the ground would be completely deserted

LordPc

HSC
if they promoted the games as football games, which is what they are, then they might be able to trick people into thinking they are going to see an nrl game

johony

HSC
sydney rovers is a great name, fuck silly americanised franchise names like fury, victory and whatnot

they need to make an effort to tap into the old NSL's fanbase, unlike SFC which have snubbed that entire history in favour of 'new' football. also they need to sign up a great marquee.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
sydney rovers is a great name, fuck silly americanised franchise names like fury, victory and whatnot

they need to make an effort to tap into the old NSL's fanbase, unlike SFC which have snubbed that entire history in favour of 'new' football. also they need to sign up a great marquee.
most of the 'old soccer' fans will never support the Z-League

you could say they were "bitters"

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
west sydney zagreb or some shit for the croats and then chuck them in edensor park. parra stadium will be 1/4 full the whole season apart from the sydney derby where there will be more sydney fc fans than west sydney fans, can see this team being an epic failure.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
west sydney zagreb or some shit for the croats and then chuck them in edensor park. parra stadium will be 1/4 full the whole season apart from the sydney derby where there will be more sydney fc fans than west sydney fans, can see this team being an epic failure.
then we could rename eff-see to "sydney white eagles" and the derby would really come to life

K

Kozak92

All the ethnics live in the west. Set this team up and scouts can look around the western suburbs football teams. You could easily find some Serbs/Croats/Turks/Greeks/Africans who are great at football.

Great idea but we'll see how they execute it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)