sydney international film festival (1 Viewer)

spiny norman

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
maybe i did. tall, thin, brown hair, had a mini pringles can and a coffee, and i ended up sitting near the front in the middle after standing in the aisle for a while looking for a nice spot.
I was the brown haired guy working who scanned tickets for the film as it went in and was in the general information booth (I think) when it came out.

Were you the one who came over to the booth after the film to give me the survey?

A few people complained that the film was too dark. Was this so? I wandered in and it didn't look too bad to me.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i saw a side, b side, seaside at george st tonight, it was a very sweet film, light-and-fluffy, with no stand out performances except the girl who played baby (it was either her acting or her exceptional beauty...)

andrew denton's god on my side was phenomenal. he really has a very stark, distinct, honest and provocative way of expressing his views.

i wish i could see more, but i'm going back to melbourne tomorrow.

how does it all work, though? do cinemas decide to show the films or not? cos there are so many i want to see and i hope they dont just disappear...

I've been working at the film festival at George St, but I didnt get to pop my head into A Side B Side, everyone who came out seemed to enjoy it though. In regards to other screenings of films, if you look in the program and the film says it has an Australian distributor you'll see it in cinemas later in the year. If it only has a World Distributor its probably not going to be shown again, although nothing is for certain.

icecreamdisco

HSC
spiny norman said:
I was the brown haired guy working who scanned tickets for the film as it went in and was in the general information booth (I think) when it came out.

Were you the one who came over to the booth after the film to give me the survey?

A few people complained that the film was too dark. Was this so? I wandered in and it didn't look too bad to me.
nah, i didn't hand a survey to you.

the film was dark in the sense that most noirs are, but compared to le cercle rouge, le samourai and especially le doulos it's fairly light in tone. often pretty funny, too. dunno why people'd complain. what on earth were they expecting.

AlleyCat said:
did anyone see le doulos?
as mentioned above, yes. it confused me quite a bit, main because (mentioned before) i find noir is a genre where i'm more content on immersing myself in the atmosphere to the point where i often lose track of the basic who's-doing-what-to-who-and-why details. nonetheless, it's a visually stunning film with a ton of sequences that work so well in islolation that i was satisfied despite the feeling that i'd missed the big picture.

icecreamdisco

HSC
everything i saw at the fest, rated out of 10:

mutual appreciation - 9.5
old joy - 9
the sun - 9
three times - 8
a prairie home companion - 8
brick - 8
C.R.A.Z.Y. - 8
bob le flambeur - 8
le doulos - 7.5
the wind that shakes the barley - 6.5
little miss sunshine - 5
hard candy - 2.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)