Swine Virus (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry to bring this back up, but I've been thinking about it. Wouldn't the above only apply to someone who already has the virus? What worry do healthy people have to have of contaminating their own face masks, and wouldn't it then act to mask some flu particles out in the unlikely case that a person wearing it is coughed around. I am aware of the fact that face masks do not provide 100% protection, I remember some doctor saying "they're useless, their only advantage is to create awareness of the disease." I disagree with this - they would provide some measure of protection, not that I'd wear it anyway though; wearing one equals social suicide imo xD.
Think of it like a sponge and some dye.

If the sponge is dry and some dye is thrown onto it, it wont sink into the bottom of the sponge.

If it is wet, the dye would travel down to the bottom using the water as a highway.

S.H.O.D.A.N. wrote it more technically.

dellbby

HSC
i don't think this is very good,
but i just found out that people with swine flu are being treated for the normal flu... wtf????
the number of cases has risen to 752.. and thats just in Victoria.

idk about you, but i'm just a tad scared.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Going to Melbourne these holidays, yew get swine flu

ducks_1234

HSC
:apig: people esp. scientists, are so worried about the flu because they don't know what it could turn into..:uhoh:

if it combines with the normal flu, it could turn deadly.:eek:

also, there's conspiracy theories over the net that the government (not nessecarily australia) is behind the spread, to see how it reacts among people so if they ever feel the need to wipe out a population, they can.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
lol

elise told me that its bad cos it can change and become deadly and i said no ur and idiot stfu and she said no my roommate told me so i said no tell him to stfu lol and i didnt explain it to her because shes a dope.

but in all seriousness. i hope i get it.

1 week off work minimum.
i wont die from it or even become very ill i dont think.

something about immunity for when it because worse or something idk

i can go around infecting morons who think they will drop dead

lol narrandera got its first case yesterday

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Stuck at home with a (perfectly healthy!) quarantined baby (had exposure to the confirmed case). Tamiflu hasn't been tested on babies under 12 months so have the doc's saying "we think it might be ok for them". Have public health people calling up 4 times a day to see what's up. Fun for all the ages... not!

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
The swine flu is no worse than the average influenza (which can still be pretty bad, btw) It would only be fatal if you already had some other illness, like aids or cancer or something.

whitespace

HSC
N/A
ohnoz
we're all gunna die from swine
australia is just like mexico
turn gay while you can :santa:

Last edited:

whitespace

HSC
N/A
uh oh

what's worse?
getting raped with love
or getting swine

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)