Supplementary Texts (1 Viewer)

d_carey

What are some suupplementary texts which link to changing-self? I need two to write about in the HSC, the only text I can think of is Fahrenheit 451, which I studied in year 11. Any ideas?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
if you can you should try and avoid using texts studied in other years, you should be raising the bar on your studies, not lowering it (well, at least thats how the markers see it). I cant offer any advice for extra material (coz i do changing worlds) but yeah, just try not to do texts that you did in lower years....oh, and dont do ones in the standard course either.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
there is a great book by aldus huxley called *after many a summer the swan dies*....(cant rememeber the exact name) but it is an excellent book for changign self. Bascially the plot is a millionaire hires a scientist to find a way to prolong his life span. and his hopes become futile in the end. It has great social comemntary in it eg: the conspicious consumption by the millionare and how he is a microcosm of an empty futile world. It works well for both changing self and changing perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)