Supplementary Texts - Physical (2 Viewers)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Far out, for our first assessment task (an essay) our related text MUST BE A FILM!!!! freakin hell! So, what's a good (and accessible) film that is strongly associated with Physical Journeys and has many relations or fits in with the Peter Skrzynecki poems. If possible, can anyone suggest a film that is concerned with the journey involved with immigration.

P

pLuvia

God, you guys already started your journey :( we just touched on the basics of it :(

HSC
Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but Around the World in 80 Days (the movie) is a good text.

You know what is really giving me the shites? I would LOVE to do The Hobbit as my novel for our major Journeys assignment (template thing) but since it's a novel given to the year 9's in my school to read our teachers consider it a 'junior text' and therefore we can't do it. We can't do anything the school has ever given us. I can't even do LOTR FOTR as my movie because that'a a HSC prescribed text (although if desperate enough, I will read FOTR again for my novel).

><!!!!

sxcgypo89

HSC
hi!!

hey, i wanna ask u sumfin. How did u get that ticker thingy 2 work on da comp coz everytime i wanna put in under ma account it dusn't wanna work so can u help me out?

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
Some awesome tests for physical journeys:

-Movie: Mary Brant (The adventures of)
-Docudrama: Touching The Void

.... do them and you'll have more than enough to talk about.

jackal8

HSC
could someone pretty please link me to a finding nemo related notes relevant to joruneys (physical)

or post them.. or pm me

thankyou so much

^_^

ishq

brown?
HSC
jackal8 said:
could someone pretty please link me to a finding nemo related notes relevant to joruneys (physical)

or post them.. or pm me

thankyou so much

^_^
We did the Physical Journey with The Adventures of Huck Finn as our prescribed text last year. For this, I would really recommend Life of Pi, by Yann Martel as a comparison text. I used this and a movie in a different language last year and they really worked for me.

Also, if you guys are really interested, check out some of the feature articles in Reader's Digest. There was one, a while back, on the astronauts aboard Columbus, which failed to make it back to Earth successfully.

Good Luck!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm thinkin about doing Lance Armstrong's Its not about the bike or Aron Ralstons between a rock and a hard place. Both great jounreys, but how do I relate them to Skyrzynecki?

Dark dreams

HSC
can anybody help

Sorry to be a pain but would anybody have copies of any of the following magazine articles that u could e-mail to me.

"A Bad Day in Space" by Jeffrey Kluger. TimeNovember 3,1997. Pages 50-57.
"Survival of the Fittest" by Rebecca Winters. TimeMay 12, 2003. Page 55.
"Maylott Way" by Madelin Oday - View Magazine

Im new at this so forgive me if ive done anythin wrong

thanks guys :)

~andie

HSC
yeah i need to find a song too. our teachers are making us hand in a whole portfolio of additional material.
has anyone used song lyrics, websites, docos or any form of multimedia for their aos?

Dark dreams

HSC
hey guys n girls

i really like the movie "remember the titans" n was thinkin i might be able to use it as a supp text 4 physical journeys. im doin the poetry of peter skrzynecki as my core text. what r ur thoughts on this?????

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
It's already been said but "Lost in Translation" is a great film to do.

BlackDragon

HSC
are there any really good poems for physical journeys? i think a good poem would be really good, its discourse completely contrasts to films for example.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
are there any really good poems for physical journeys? i think a good poem would be really good, its discourse completely contrasts to films for example.
There are many appropriate poems that relate to physical journeys, and as long as you're not doing PS's poems or another same text type text, a poem is also a good choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)