Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Finding Nemo
Desert Flower/Waris Dirie
Desert Dawn/Waris Dirie
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

~bumchum~

~shake it baybee!~
HSC
hey guyz..im juz wonderin..for physical journeyz..if ur lyk..doin the immigrant chronicle for tha main text......does that mean ur related material has to be related to the IMMIGRANT CHRONICLE??????

Nescient

HSC
N/A
heh prob same ol' question as everyone here... i got my trials in 2 weeks... im yet to find a supplementary material that relates to rabbit proof fence. cause we have the two BOS ones (robert frost poem, and a book cover) i need to find like a news paper article, or a short story... i've looked on the net and the articles i find i can read like the first pragraph and then im supposed to pay for it... if any1 could help me pls PM me... i'm really freaking out here... thanks

miss-teek

Help

OK, I got TWO related texts, but I dunno if they'd be any good plz help

pirates of the carribean
little women (when jo goes to NEW YORK in the film - but should i get a better one?)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
~bumchum~ said:
hey guyz..im juz wonderin..for physical journeyz..if ur lyk..doin the immigrant chronicle for tha main text......does that mean ur related material has to be related to the IMMIGRANT CHRONICLE??????
No. I'm doing them and my related texts have nothing to do with the poems.

Choctop

I think Shrek is an excellent example of the classic physical journey and it's easy to relate the film to Skrzynecki's poems- both main characters feel alienated in their new locations, etc, etc. Oh and if anyone has problems remembering how to spell Skrzynecki, here's a little trick me and my friends use. Just pronounce it in your head like it should be spelt- Skerzy- Necky. Well, it helped us! Heh....

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Books
News items:The Tampa Crisis, Vietnam.
Short stories:"Only Ten"
I think The Tampa Crisis was from Afghanistan. I could be wrong.

mEkO =^_^=

stimulus material

i should know this by now but i dont. Does our stimulus material for journeys have 2 relate 2 skrynecki's poems or just 2 journeys?

the xc3ption

mEkO =^_^= said:
i should know this by now but i dont. Does our stimulus material for journeys have 2 relate 2 skrynecki's poems or just 2 journeys?
umm my tirals are tomorrow :p and to be on the safe side i linked the stimulus booklet with the prescribed text.... wel li tried to anyways...

umm my guess is that u should just in case they want u to link them?

HSC
Hey
A really good related text I used was sofia coppolla's "Lost In Translation" 2003
Not only is it really good for physical journeys but its a great movie too!

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
i think the marking notes say that the awesome responses not only linked their texts (or contrasted them) but also linked them by using sythesis. like 4 eg
i have a related text by micheal leunig about letting go of memories thoughts pain etc, in the text its refered to as "all" so its anything really.

say the q is asking about journeys as clensing experiences id use Crossing the red sea, and talk about the biblical allusions to lazerus as being reborn, reflecting thier rebirth. then i would say that this journey has given them an opportunity to accept their pasts and deal with them etc thru the 2nd stanza i think it is were they mention the patches and shreds of conversation...then the quotes about poppies and "blood leaves simmilar stains".
i say this discussion of the war memories helps ppl to get over it, similarily the poem by micheal leunig reflects this belief of Skrezyneki through the words "let it go, let it out....." which mirrorss the sharing and expressing of memories and pain to move on and be healed......

blah blah blah. so yeah. link em, or say....text two shows a contrasting view of journey thruogh...but synthesise too.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
I'm doing

- 'The wind in the willows' from the stim booklet,

- 'Asylum - voices from behind the razor wire' only one chapter about some iranian refugees travelling by boat, it has some really strong links to 'Crossing the red sea, and then later with migrant hostel when the book talks about being in the detention centre.

- 'ilse's story' short story on ilse's journey from austria as a jewish migrant, very strong links

- ' the scientist' a video clip by the band coldplay, links to skrzynecki's fleeing from terror.

Ferko_67

Important

Hey guys, is it ok to discuss the "closure" that the migrant will obtain and then go on and talk about what impact this has on the reader. IE the composer is essentially passing on the lessons learnt from their journeys and experiences to the reader, thus giving the reader greater self awarness etc...?

wazza886

one of my supplementary texts is lord of the rings, what do u talk about though ?

the book cover, the dvd cover or just the movie.

for example with the ivory trail its about the book cover not the story.

help ppl plz

MouNtY

omg omg omg i only have my RAbbit Proof, Journey to the interior, and angels brought me here.....i didn't know i needed two......can i use another one from the stim booklet?>?????????

tabularasa

HSC
i hjave to chose some RM to the quote its the journey not the arrival that mtters. any hints and it has to be a speech. I was thinking lost in translation and an article called enter the badlands.

mutya

HSC
Thanks

gee... thanks for the list 'without wings'.. ill go and check a couple of them out..

muffetl

HSC
Peter Skrzynecki

Ok this is the question we get asked for nearly every text we review...
"what poems can communicate in terms of physical journeys"
Any suggestions on how to answer this question... I have a feeling my teacher has slightly lost his mind, as everytime he tries to explain what we are suppose to be writing, he completely goes off track!
Help!

sparkleycowgirl

really really need a poem on a pysical journey pretty plz

hai ppl... if any one has any ideas of a good poem which could be used for one of my texts can u plz help....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)