Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
hunny bunny said:
does anyone here had a defintion for imaginative jouney??
Theres a thread for the definitions of the different journeys.. on the main AOS page i think - try there :)

stayfocused

HSC
Pink Floyds - The Wall!!!

is everyone forgetting the most influential imaginative journey of the all ?? need material 'The wall' the movie or the album has more than enough.. maybe even too much.. just pick one scene and ur set!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
how about adding this 1 to the list? its really quite good:

movie:
Contact

freakcore

HSC
the emily dickinson poems too, some of them are good.
part four : time and eternity ones. number XXVII...it's what i did...

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey Thankyou for this but i was wondering if anyone could help me with an assignment of mine i have to do on Imaginative Journeys!!!

I need to get two texts that i haven't studied in class (so the some from the list above!) but then in the last section of the speech i have to;
"Synthesise information relating to 'Imaginative Journeys' by finding links between the two texts that i choose from that list and then to two poems (from colleridge)

the poems i can choose from are;
1) Kubla Khan
2) The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3) This lime-Tree Bower My Prison
4) Frost at Midnight

So i was wondering which of the two texts from the above list would be great to relate to 2 of those 4 poems??? and what 2 poems

Anyhow if you can plz help it would be much appreciated thankyou :D

Last edited by a moderator:

rambo

HSC
hey kutay i have to do pretty much the same thing and i'm doing the sam prescribed texts as you although we only have to use one supplementary text for our assessment! maybe we can help each other out...i'm using Pleasantville...what about you?

malkin86

HSC
Would an episode from "Round the Twist" be too "simple" to study?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
malkin86 said:
Would an episode from "Round the Twist" be too "simple" to study?
They are actually pretty good texts. I'm glad you thought of them :)

the-invisible said:
I recommend the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, specifically the first novel "The Colour of Magic". It's very funny, witty and quite a magical adventure. Perfect for an extra text for imaginative journeys!

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
b4 u even start tryin...dont bother, u cant do it, as this speech is prescribed in 'speeches' u cant use it as a related text....sorray!

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
One of my rel. texts is Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. It's superb for imaginative journeys because of it's speculative fiction nature - and Atwood's techniques are easily identifiable and engaging to deal with.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
dawso said:
b4 u even start tryin...dont bother, u cant do it, as this speech is prescribed in 'speeches' u cant use it as a related text....sorray!
Awe... ;_; Any other speeches anyone recommend?!

need2study_girl

HSC
can anyone recommened some 'sophisticated' additional text for the Area of study: Journeys? i really need some inspiration...half yearly next week and i don't have any :( and i'm kinda freaking out over exams HELP!!! :p

lilymaid

HSC
I know what you mean. What texts did you use...you could use orwell's animal farm...?

need2study_girl

HSC
our focus is imaginative journeys and we have studied the colridge poems. I found one additional text "Princess" by Jean P. Sassoon. It's both an imaginative journey because it's through 1st person, and a inner journey because it's a biographical story based on a real Saudi princess. I just need one more text to sort of link in with imaginative journeys and with either a colridge poem or the road not taken

lilymaid

HSC
Another text you could use is 'Le Morte D'Arthur, but unless you understand the translated version of 15th century english I suggest that you veer away from it, but if you do extension english you should be fine.

jewelstar88

HSC
i thought for imaginative journeys the poem by Emily Dickinson-because i could not stop for death- would be cool, but i can't do it cos my set texts are poems
and for physical journeys or inner journey-the motorcycle diaries, or if you didn't want to do the movie, the movie poster even...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)