Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

kvella

HSC
hey jus thought id add butterfly effect to the list of movies to possibly use for related texts for imaginative journey as well as the kids book where the wild things are

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
hey ppl...

does anyone know of any texts that i can relate to On Giants Shoulders by Melvynn Bragg? I've got to do a deconstruction of 5 texts for a portfolio and i need at least one text that i can relate to On Giants Shoulders and a text from the bos stimulus booklet.

Jessica14

HSC
hmmmm...
For a 'sound' text you could do the video clip, "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani. It appears very easy to do for imaginative journey, but its probably too mainstream and, therefore, not appropriate.

Cheers guys:)

Gemstar

HSC
This is a quick summary for ppl who haven't been bothered reading the last 18 pages :)

1. Don't use the Martin Luther King speech cuz it's alreadi a prescribed text for (either powerplay or speeches for truth, not sure)

2. There hasn't been much analysis of texts xcept for a little on alice in wonderland ..the comments were mostly recomendations for texts.

3. It is stressed that you have a good analysis on children books so as to not sound childish , then you'll b fine.

that'a all i memba,
Tip: try to avoid the most COMMON one's or have a SUPER good analysis, the markers will b bored of reading the same one's

btw does anyone know if we can use short video's from www.atomfilms.com ?

Another good text 4 Imag journeys:
- "Mind's eye" novel by Paul Fleischman.

THANKS for the text guys! bye

cl3nta

HSC
from what i've heard, you can use texts from all around you (including a fellow student's speech). Now you and I both know that with the former example how hard it is to convince your marker that you're not making it up on the spot! But yeh, it has to have some credibility. goodluck

grizzled69

HSC
Do you think that I could use 'Monty Python's Life of Brain' as a supp. text for Imaginative Journey? Its a controversial biblical satire - I'd like to use it, good idea? bad? Help, please lol.

your mother

HSC
How about episodes of a TV series? i used an episode of scrubs entitled "my screw-up" for an earler assessment task and the teacher said she "wasn't sure" about it- even though i could provide a background on characters, previous events etc which mattered before in the essay, she didn't think i could do it in a HSC exam.

It's almost perfect though. what do we think?

Hater

HSC
Could anyone provide me with any help with Puff the magic Dragon? PM me or reply in this thread if possible.

Any type of help would be appreciated, cheers.

emkay

HSC
I don't no if anyones pointed this out...if they have ignore my post.. but be careful with the MLK speech.. i used it in my Imag. essay and my teacher said to absolutely forget using it in the HSC as it wouldnt be marked as it is a Core Text in a diff Module and looked down upon by a marker...just giving the heads up.. great list btw..:)

Simone Pip

HSC
hey afew people have written lists of movies and have included Harry potter one which as my teacher informed me is not an imaginative journey, as it is written as fact as if the wizarding world is real, and so there really is not a strong imaginative journye at all, you could write how it takes you on one but it would be a poor response

neevatilley

HSC
i did the killers: mr brightside coz it shows the potential of the imaginative journey to overwhelm logic and incite hysteria...

and the short story the telltale heart is a good one as well.

renzieroo

HSC
Really basic movies:
Peter Pan,
Finding Neverland,
Alice in Wonderland and
Pans Labrynth.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Has anyone seen Finding Forrester? If so, would that be considered as an imaginative journey?

Princess Vyncie

HSC
hello ppl,

im doing imaginative journeys.... hahahah as u myt have noticed...:rofl:

so i was wondering if any of u wonderful people cud give me some notes on The Matrix and Just Like Heaven im having a slightly hard tym as to what i sall do... lmao:confused: :bomb:

much luv vyncie xoxoxo mwahzz

samantha 22

HSC
Hey guys,
Sorry It's my first time use this site, and i'm most likely posting this in the wrong forum.

I know your over doing journeys , but im wondering if I can get help on this quote.

Imagination is about intelligence having fun.

I need to write a speech about it, but I don't need to explain it. Just interprt it and bring in personal experience etc.

Help will be appreciated! thanks.

Goodluck for the rest of your exams

moodchanger08

HSC
Do you guys think it would be better to pick a text which is relatively well known so there would be more resources out there or should I pick an unique text so it'll stand out to the markers but there will be no help out there? Thanks for the help :)

choco-holly-24

HSC
anyone know anything about the picture book "the red tree" by shaun tan or "where the wild things are" my teacher recommended these books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)