Superman Returns (1 Viewer)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
well said :)
i try.

scarybunny said:
But i do look forward to hearing what happens to these Superman actors. THE SUPERMAN CURSE, PEOPLE!!!! kate bosworth might turn into teri hatcher *scary music*
i think that routh will be set for life.. as all the others, he will only be remembered for being Superman... As Bosworth and Spacey have already made names for themselves, this will only boost them further up...
this is, all assuming, that the movie does well, of course...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
just downloaded the trailer(eventually) so excited now :)

i should have bought the 2 disc dvd superman discs that were on sale at jb hifi the other day when i saw them, now theyre sold out :(

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
yeah i have the 4-disc box set, with all of the movies. i bought it as soon as it came out, plus i due to my working at a video store, i get most dvds from ezydvd at cost price lol.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
lol just make good friends with the dude/chick behind the counter and/or the manager.. OR, if you want to go to extremes, get a job at a crappy video store in sydney's west and then you're set...

walrusbear

HSC
just saw it

kate bosworth is an awful lois lane
so-so movie

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
i thought it was awesome, kate bosworth is still hawt though

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
saw it last night, not bad... and yes he is hot stuff haha though very wax-like in the movie :p

the girl who ripped our tickets said his crotch had to be edited so it wasn't as big :eek:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
i saw it yesterday afternoon, wearing my superman shirt proudly... i didnt think it was too bad. having watched the first superman film with chris reeves as many times as my younger brother has blinked, there were many traits and little things they "stole" from the first film. the "ahh lois" and the "abbis, ababa" location.
ill admit, i felt tears in my eyes when the music blasted at the beginning. i loved the opening sequence. very, very good.

for those of you who have seen the film:

the only conclusion i can come to regarding the kid is that although clark and lois got together while he was human, perhaps his DNA was still kryptonian, and therefore his tadpoles were too.
in regards to the kid and the kryptonite, there could be several possibilities:
  • due to the boy being half human, half kryptonian, he is immune
  • or perhaps his molecular structure hasn't built up enough energy to be affected by it yet
bare in mind that although lois and clark got together, he did make her forget it all... so i don't know what the go is there... perhaps as superman was flying away, she knew that the kid was his?
oh, and one smaller thing which annoyed me was the fact that you didn't get to see superman take care of luthor... but all that aside, it was a great movie. veyr worthy of the superman title it holds. kevin spacey was a perfect choice... oh, and i love the attention to detail: for example, in the scene where clark is talking with his mother in the living room, on the mantlepiece behind them, there is a picture of his father - mind you, it is a photo of glenn ford, the man who played jonathan kent in superman 1978.

/rant.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i watched it today, it was good, lots of funny moments too

i also think that Kevin Spacy playing Lex was a good choice!

payafee

HSC
dean cain was hot!!! but i only realised that until my late teens. i didnt fancy him at age 7.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I was disapointed
not as good as I expected it to be :eek:
and very predictable...:mad1:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
<3 i just came back from watching it and i thought it was great, much better then i expected. Reminded me a lot of Spider-Man at times though lolz.

Last edited:

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
payafee said:
dean cain was hot!!! but i only realised that until my late teens. i didnt fancy him at age 7.
seconded

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I had fun

If you go with an idea of what a general superman plot would be like, you'll enjoy it.

Don't go expecting academy award material, its just fun.

<3 the piano bit

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I loved it, great for an action flick. Plus Routh looks better looking than I thought he would. My favourite was:
near the end when he rockets back to earth and all the doctor's rty to save him but can't because of invulnerability

SiZmOs said:
for those of you who have seen the film:

the only conclusion i can come to regarding the kid is that although clark and lois got together while he was human, perhaps his DNA was still kryptonian, and therefore his tadpoles were too.
in regards to the kid and the kryptonite, there could be several possibilities:
  • due to the boy being half human, half kryptonian, he is immune
  • or perhaps his molecular structure hasn't built up enough energy to be affected by it yet
bare in mind that although lois and clark got together, he did make her forget it all... so i don't know what the go is there... perhaps as superman was flying away, she knew that the kid was his?
Well *puts geek hat on*
Presumably the kids resistance was based on Superman's biological son in the comics - who was highly resistant to the various forms of kryptonite because he was 'charged' differently from a full blooded Kryptonian - Superman would recieve his super energy just from the Sun but his son would be able to get it from other places (presumably adrenaline and what not) If that makes sense.

Also, I think Lois knew the child was Superman's after the piano incident, not a moment before or after.

SiZmOs said:
oh, and one smaller thing which annoyed me was the fact that you didn't get to see superman take care of luthor... but all that aside, it was a great movie. veyr worthy of the superman title it holds. kevin spacey was a perfect choice...
I agree, Spacey was a great Luthor, and a great villian. It seemed slightly silly though when he started talking about selling off the island as real estate...who'd pay money to live on a radioactive waste land? :/

bubz:D said:
the girl who ripped our tickets said his crotch had to be edited so it wasn't as big :eek:
I read something similar on the net, that apparently they spent a few hours trying to make sure Routh's crotch looked the correct size on screen. Though I heard it was to pad it out to make it look bigger, would have been embarassing for the poor guy 'Hey your crotch isn't super enough so we need to make it bigger':p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)