sumthin strange... (1 Viewer)

aimstar555

HSC
ok here's the deal...

my ex dumps me over 2 months ago. we havn't seen/heard from each other since then.

on saturday nite i'm at a club with the girls and my ex and his friends walk pass, luckliy enough they didn't see us. but i was close enough to see that my ex was wearing the necklace (it's a thick sliver one) that i bought him for christmas 2 years ago...

ladies and guys...does this seem strange? cause i certainly don't wear ANY jewllerly that he bought me nemore. in fact everything that even REMOTELY reminds me of him is in a box somewhere in my closet.

i'm just curious in case it means nething that's all. i mean would YOU still wear stuff that ur ex gave u??

Brizza

HSC
thats a tough one, i guess it really depends on the person. i personaly like the jewelry hat my ex gave me, but i know i cant wear it because of the connotations that my boyfriend will make out of it. i think that if you like it, you should be able to wear it.
its a very tough one though.......

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Hey, he probably just likes the necklace.

It's different for everyone. Some people would never wear jewellery or clothes that were presents from their exs, but some are fine with it. It all depends on the individual, and the seriousness/experiences of the relationship.

I used to never have a problem wearing jewellery that my exs gave me, because I saw them as just a part of my jewellery box. They gave it to me, it's mine. I bought it, it's mine. There was no difference.

However, after I started going out with my current boyfriend a couple of years ago, he bought me a few items, and now that's all I wear. I don't even know where my old jewellery are, I think I might have chucked them out or something. :rolleyes:

Don't over analyse him wearing that necklace. It's most likely that he's one of those people who don't have any qualms with wearing presents from exs. :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It's silly not to wear something you like just because it was given to you by your ex. Unless you really really hate them and don't ever want to be reminded of them again.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
don't read into it too much.

guys don't usually think about that sort of stuff... just take it as a good compliment that you got something for him that he liked and your relationship wasnt crappy enough to taint it.

:)

why do you care anyway?

aimstar555

HSC
we were together for nearly 2 years and the break-up was by no means pretty...and i hadn't seen/heard from since then...i guess i'm still healing...it was my very first full-on relationship and i fell a little too hard....:)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
aimstar555 said:
we were together for nearly 2 years and the break-up was by no means pretty...and i hadn't seen/heard from since then...i guess i'm still healing...it was my very first full-on relationship and i fell a little too hard....:)
Awww... *hugs*

2 years is a long time. Don't worry, when you meet someone else, he'll eventually fade.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
aimstar555 said:
ok here's the deal...

my ex dumps me over 2 months ago. we havn't seen/heard from each other since then.

on saturday nite i'm at a club with the girls and my ex and his friends walk pass, luckliy enough they didn't see us. but i was close enough to see that my ex was wearing the necklace (it's a thick sliver one) that i bought him for christmas 2 years ago...

ladies and guys...does this seem strange? cause i certainly don't wear ANY jewllerly that he bought me nemore. in fact everything that even REMOTELY reminds me of him is in a box somewhere in my closet.

i'm just curious in case it means nething that's all. i mean would YOU still wear stuff that ur ex gave u??

hahaha i dont think its strange at all?
so what if you got it for him, he probably likes it + likes to wear it, little does he care if u got it for him or not..
i know its happened to me and ive still kept worn jewellery my ex has gotten me, why? coz its sexy and expensive shit! LOL and i luv it......
why would i throw it out?
im like jst hahah o well, it didnt last - but look what i ended up with!
i know others who oppose.......beats me!
once the relationship is over.. its over. no matter how many times u look at that pretty piece of bling!

Mandy101

HSC
I still wear the jewellery that my ex-boyfriend bought me? Fair enough, we were together for three years, but I'd wear it even if it had lasted two weeks.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Nah, thats not really strange at all...

Maybe he just likes the jewellery!?

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I wear some jewellery from some ex's while other jewellery I have in a box and I dont think I would ever wear. Its silly really cos I wouldnt give it away or throw it out but I wouldnt wear it either. I dont know what to do with it :/

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I don't think its "something strange" like others have said he probably just likes it.

Lennie

Yeah... Guys arent really into symbollic bullshit.

To him its probably just a gift that he likes... No attachments.

That being said, I personally can't wear gifts from an ex unless I have an agenda.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha two male responses in here and the rest are female and they all collaborate, what is the world coming to?!?!

As they've said, you're reading too much into it, personally i gave back/destroyed (via burning or brick walls whichever appeared more fun at the time) what i had gotten from my ex but most of that shit was useless to me after the break up.

Additionally, what type of jewelry was it? I hope it was a flaming skull with lots of spikes

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Yeah, I reckon he would probably just like the jewellery. I doubt most guys would be able to look into symbolism etc, as someone else has said already. No offence but that's not really in their nature. **shrugs** I guess it depends a lot on the relationship's length etc though.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
isnt it, when theres something stange in your neighbour hood?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
Master Yoda said:
when there's somethin strange

in the neighbourhood

who ya gonna call?

ghoooooostbusters

hahah owned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)